One Acre Fund
Working to make #smallholder farmers more prosperous. #FarmersFirst.
About the Role
We are hiring a Senior FullStack Engineer to join the development team. Our passionate development team manages a range of web and mobile solutions to support our field operations, from registering millions of farmers and their orders, optimizing delivery truck loads and routes, tracking deliveries, collecting mobile payments and analyzing loan repayments.
Specific challenges that our mobile solutions have to overcome include:
- High usability requirements – targeting users with low technical proficiency
- Offline-first, to provide a good experience with no or limited network connectivity
- Ability to run on cheap hardware
Our mobile technology is Android using Kotlin, Jetpack Compose, Couchbase Lite, JUnit, and Sentry, and our tooling landscape is based on GitHub / JIRA / Slack / Azure DevOps / MS App Center.
The Senior FullStack Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Report to our Field Services Team lead
- Work as part of a small, collaborative, and agile team of mobile developers
- Design, document, test, and support our mobile solutions according to our standards
- Ensure smooth progress of your projects
- Participate in your Agile team’s lifecycle
- Contribute to your department’s improvement by sharing knowledge, sharpening your skills, suggesting different ways of working and developing
- Provide technical mentoring to junior team members
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For the role of Senior FullStack Engineer, you will have:
- 6+ years of experience in Software Development
- Expert level in one or more mobile frameworks, ideally Android using Kotlin/Java, with 3+ years of experience
- Be conversant with Android App Architecture, including View Models and Dependency Injection with HILT
- Nice to have: Experience in Jetpack Compose, Jetpack Room, Jetpack Data Store and other Jetpack /Android X Libraries
- A mindset of testing and automation
- Experience working in Agile
- A passion for solving problems and a customer mindset
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started