Stratostaff EA Ltd
At Stratostaff, we are all about creating an impact to the organizations and people we serve. We achieve this by offering Flexible Staffing Solutions in EA.
Our client, a Kenyan Fintech Startup helping African Micro entrepreneurs digitize their business seeks to bring on board (2) Senior Frontend Developers. The Senior Frontend Developer will be responsible for creating, maintaining, testing, and debugging the entire front end of the company’s core systems.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Senior Frontend Developer will have the following responsibilities:
- Designing, developing, and testing UI for mobile and web applications
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Accurately translate user and business needs into functional frontend code
- Delivering a complete front-end application
- Work with the backend developer to define RESTFul API Specification
- Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and component
- Participating in Sprint Planning and tracking work items
- Work well with technical and non-technical people to deliver high-value results
- Leverage the latest technologies, tools, and frameworks to create industry-leading consumer experiences that make our products a delight to own and use.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners such as Product Managers, UX Designers, and Engineers to design and deliver a high-quality Android app.
- Build and architect reliable, performant, and scalable mobile applications while developing clean, modular, and reusable code while iterating and shipping rapidly.
- Participate in the agile development processes, including sprint planning, iterative development, estimations, and design sessions.
- Collaborate with remote team members through code reviews and pairing whenever required.
- Readily picks up and applies new concepts, tools, or technologies to all job activities and specific project assignments.
- Communicates effectively, both oral and written, with product development engineers, developers and quality engineers, user experience professionals, quality assurance groups, 3rd party vendors, and senior leadership.
- Proficient in documenting designs and interfaces to facilitate collaborative software development across disciplines and sites.
- Reliable and dependable
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Time management, planning & organization skills
- Problem-solving skills & Analytical thinking
- Good communicator
- Self-driven and a team player.
- Good communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or a related discipline
- A minimum of 6 years of experience
- Extensive hands-on development experience using Java and Kotlin/Flutter
- Extensive experience with Android SDK, Eclipse/Android Studio and modern Developer Tools
- Experience integrating APIs and Libraries highly desirable
- Ability to develop against a variety of web architectures and services (HTTP, JSON, REST, etc.)
- Good understanding of mobile device variants, capabilities and constraints
- Experience in other tech stacks is also beneficial (HTML/JS, Obj-C/Swift, etc.)
- Exposure to Agile, Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development is a plus
- Thorough understanding of Vue.js
- Knowledge of mobile development
- Ability to work with Ubuntu servers
- Familiarity with common programming tools such as Redux, IDEs, RESTful APIs, Git repositories,
- Ability to work with code versioning tools, such as Git as well, SVN, and Mercurial Understanding of computer networks
- Thorough understanding of React.js, its core principles (React components, hooks, and the React lifecycle) and its’ workflows (such as Flux or Redux). Knowledge of isomorphic React is a plus
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript6
- Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
- TypeScript, version control software, and remote deployment tools
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Strong Java & Kotlin/Flutter development experience with an impressive Android project (or several!) in the app store
- Good understanding of development methodologies, testing practices, and tools and knowing when to apply each method to achieve the desired outcomes
- Strong experience and knowledge of Design and Architectural patterns and knows when to apply them
- A solid understanding of mobile application design as well as Java frameworks and development