Transforming access to essential goods and services across Africa.
Position: Senior Engineer(Mobile)
We are looking for an individual who has a deep interest and passion for technology and loves designing, coding, and owning large-scale systems while working with people who will keep challenging you at every stage. You also have strong problem-solving, analytical, decision-making, and excellent communication abilities with interpersonal skills.
As the Senior Engineer (Mobile) you should be self-driven and motivated to work in a fast-paced, results-driven agile environment with varied responsibilities. You provide technical leadership and mentor to a small team of highly talented and motivated engineers to deliver these solutions at the highest quality.
Locations: Bangalore, India or Nairobi, Kenya or Fumba, Zanzibar
Duties & Responsibilities
- Experience in the end-to-end software development life cycle and Android platform.
- Architect, design, and develop modular and high-performing applications for the Android platform.
- Design and build large mobile applications or multiple apps.
- Implement unit and functional tests.
- Design & code reviews.
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high-quality software. Break down complex projects/epics/epics/stories into achievable tasks for developers.
- Manage a team of junior engineers and set appropriate guidelines on development methodologies.
- Serve as a technical lead on our most demanding, cross-functional projects.
- Effectively communicate high-level strategy and technical details across disciplines, locations, and organizations, including senior leadership.
- Ensure the quality of architecture and design of multiple mobile applications & systems.
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straightforward solutions.
- Fully and completely understand system interdependencies and limitations.
- Leverage internal and industry knowledge in design decisions.
- Mentor other engineers, define our technical culture and help build a fast-growing team.
- Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
● 6+ years prior experience in software product development.
● 3+ years of previous experience in an android application development role.
● Masters / Degree in Computer Science or Related Field from premier institutes.
- 3+ years of experience building mobile applications
- Expertise in mobile stacks (Android, ReactNative, Flutter, iOS)
- Deep knowledge of Java, Swift, Kotlin, and Flutter
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect apps to back-end services
- Strong understanding of designs, patterns & frameworks (PWA, MVPP, WebViews, Hybrid Apps, SPA)
- Expertise in performance optimization, troubleshooting, and handling multiple apps and upgrades.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance
- Strong understanding of cloud technologies like AWS/Google Cloud/Azure
- Proficient with RDBMS & NoSQL Databases
- Proven team leadership, interpersonal skills, and ability to get things done
Good to have:
- Knowledge of B2B & B2C retail eCommerce
- Experience developing, maintaining, and innovating large-scale, consumer-facing web applications.
- DevOps mindset.
- Experience in data science is plus
- Experience in Spring boot or any good framework.
Looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started