Building the tools for Africa's digital transformation.
About the job
Mobile technology has been at the forefront of innovation, and the pace of development in this domain has never been greater. Google is committed to bringing amazing experiences to our mobile users. As a Software Engineer, Tools and Infrastructure, you will be at the heart of Google’s engineering process building software that empowers engineering teams to develop and deliver high-quality mobile apps and services. We are focused on solving the hardest, most interesting challenges of developing software at scale without sacrificing stability, quality, velocity or code health.
We ensure Google’s success by partnering with engineering teams and developing scalable tools and infrastructure that help engineers develop, test, debug and release software quickly. We impact thousands of Googlers and billions of users by increasing the pace of product development and ensuring our products are thoroughly tested. We are advocates for code health, testability, maintainability and best practices for development and testing.
Having access to all of Google’s platforms and vast computing resources provides a unique opportunity to grow as an engineer. We typically work in small, nimble teams that collaborate on common problems across products and focus areas. As a result, exposure to this broad set of problems provides diverse technical challenges as well as accelerated career growth.
As a Senior Engineer – Android Growth, you will help solve difficult and technical challenges, such as improving the smartphone experience for Android devices. As the Senior Engineer – Android Growth, you will create ideas to serve relevant and useful information to users. You will help build Android, and Google Play products, and collaborate with teams such as Search, Assistant, YouTube, and Payments to create an encompassing experience.
Android is Google’s open-source mobile operating system powering more than 3 billion devices worldwide. Android is about bringing computing to everyone in the world. We believe computing is a superpower for good, enabling access to information, economic opportunity, productivity, connectivity between friends and family and more. We think everyone in the world should have access to the best computing has to offer. We provide the platform for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and developers to build compelling computing devices (smartphones, tablets, TVs, wearables, etc) that run the best apps/services for everyone in the world.
- Build applications and experiences that will make it more customized for entry-to-mid-tier Android devices globally.
- Participate in the software feature lifecycle from start to end and collaborate with other Engineers, Product Managers, and User Experience designers and Researchers who will work with you to develop the user experience.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
- Review code written by other engineers and provide feedback to ensure best practices (e.g., style guidelines, checking code in, accuracy, testability, and efficiency).
- Participate in, or lead design reviews with peers and stakeholders to decide on the optimal solution.
- Experience with the Android platform and ecosystem.
- Experience in one or more of the following programming languages: Java or Kotlin.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started