Our mission is to responsibly feed the world and protect the planet. 🌱 Learn how we're Growing a Nature-Positive Food Future
About the Unit
Yara aims to be the crop nutrition company of the future, leading the development of sustainable agriculture and digital tools to help solve global agricultural challenges. We have a worldwide presence in over 65 countries with around 17,000 employees. Drawing on more than a century of experience in crop nutrition, Yara established the Digital Farming division to explore how technology can be used to improve farmers’ lives and productivity. At Yara Farming Solutions Europe, we aim to leverage Yara’s digital product and commercial portfolio with data and insights on soil health, regenerative farming practices and information about the farmer and fields. Join us in the digital transformation of the agriculture industry to achieve Yara’s goal to responsibly feed this world and protect the planet.
The Senior Data Engineer role has the following responsibilities:
- Design and build data pipelines to collect, manage and store data across different solutions and tools where the data resides for the YEU teams.
- Organize and manage data of diverse types and a variety of sources.
- Mentor junior members of the team by providing them with guidance and feedback on their work. (pair programming, code review, etc.)
- Work with the Lead DE to implement standards and best practices.
- Take part in architectural reviews along with other senior members of the team and own architectural decisions with respect to solutions you deliver.
- Actively contribute to solving data problems for YEU needs.
- Enable downstream functionalities such as data analytics and business intelligence.
The Senior Data Engineer role has the following requirements:
- At least 4+ years of experience in data engineering, machine learning engineering or a data architect role
- Excellent knowledge in database systems data modelling and data warehousing concepts
- Extensive experience with Python (or Java/Scala) & SQL
- Hands-on experience working on Cloud Infrastructure (AWS)
- Hands-on experience with Spark · Hands-on with the tools that we use Git, Docker, Airflow and Redshift
- Experience with Kubernetes and CI/CD & Terraform
- Experience with DBT is a plus · Knowledge in scalable application architecture
- Have a growth mindset and be able to proactively identify and solve problems.
- Strong personal/professional interest in the LSM segments (developing countries, low-income markets, etc.) and agriculture in general.
- Aligned with our principles: agile, customer-centric, lean, service-oriented architecture, self-organization, and transparency.
- Experience using Customer Data Platforms for data integrations is a plus.
- To directly impact products that provide real value to farmers and industries based on an honest business model
- To work on sustainable solutions that benefit humankind and the environment
- Very competitive remuneration and an unlimited work contract
- A flexible yet stable environment in the newly founded digital unit of a global company
- Flexible working hours, working from home/remote option!
- Support for personal development, training, conferences, and continuous learning
- Commitment to using new approaches, technologies, and frameworks
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started