Equity Bank Kenya
Your Listening, Caring Partner.
About the job
The Senior Data and ETL Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Translate business requirements into a star schema data model, develop ETLs, build cubes, and validate results with business representatives
- Support implemented BI solutions by monitoring and tuning queries and data loads, addressing user questions concerning data integrity, monitoring performance and communicating functional and technical issues.
- Design and plan BI solutions
- Write relational and multidimensional database queries
- Configure, deploy and maintain ETL
The role of Senior Data and ETL Engineer has the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline
- 4 – 7 years of experience in a complex data warehouse environment, hands-on Data warehousing project experience and experience in full life cycle Business Intelligence development, implementation, tuning and support
- Hands-on experience in relational and multi-dimensional data modelling, including multiple source systems from databases and flat files, and the use of standard data modelling tools, preferably Oracle Data Warehousing
- Hands-on Experience with Open source Big data Technology Spark, Hadoop, Kafka etc
- Hands-on ETL development experience, preferably using ODI
- Oracle, MSSQL, and Postgres Database experience required
- Python, SQL, PLSQL, and Scala scripting languages experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills to solve and model complex business requirements
- Sound understanding of BI Best Practices/Methodologies, relational structures, dimensional data modelling, structured query language (SQL) skills, data warehouse and reporting techniques
- Ability to collaborate on a team with infrastructure, BI report development and business analyst resources and clearly communicate solutions to both technical and non-technical team members
- Work closely with BI analysts to deliver effective global BI architecture in a timely manner
- Design, develop and troubleshoot Oracle packages that implement complex ETL processes
- Expertise utilizing ETL/data integration tools (SQL, ODI, ) is a must
- Manage Scheduled Jobs data processing for ongoing success — troubleshoot and rectify any production-related issues
- Adherence to all development standards and protocols including the likes of Change Management, Code Review, Documentation and Testing
- Educate and advise internal customers on how to leverage available data for consumption
- Demonstrated SQL skills with extensive experience in developing stored procedures, views, functions, triggers and advanced logical methods.
- Experience with Oracle Data services and Web services a strong plus, data modelling experience a plus
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started