We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
Are you passionate about technical writing and people management? Are you excited about helping customers and ensuring they have a positive experience using Microsoft products and services? Have you ever looked for content to help you or a customer use a product or service, but felt frustrated when you didn’t find the content, or it didn’t have the information you needed? Have you ever thought about making a difference through great documentation? If you answered yes to all these questions, you belong in our Identity Content Team!
Here’s the who, why, and what you’ll be doing as part of the team telling the end-to-end Microsoft Identity story so our customers can successfully use Azure Active Directory (Azure AD), the backbone cloud technology that helps people around the world sign in and access their organization’s resources.
Who: You’re a technical person who is passionate about technical writing and understands the importance of quality documentation to the customer experience. You’ll lead a group of content developers in Kenya who write and publish technical content for Azure AD and related Microsoft identity products. You’ll lead by seeing the big picture and communicating a cohesive and integrated content strategy for the team to follow.
You and your team are customer-obsessed and take great care in translating deep technical information into clear, everyday language that our customers can understand. You and your team think deeply about the knowledge new users need to complete tasks and what they need next to achieve more advanced goals.
You’re a lifelong learner who understands that there’s always room to improve. You’re collaborative and excellent at building cross-group and cross-org relationships. You demonstrate a growth mindset and embrace failing fast to achieve personal and operational growth across the team. You embody and embrace a diverse and inclusive belief that drives a culture and environment where all views are heard and respected.
Why: Think of the far-reaching impact you can have on Microsoft customers if you can help them accomplish their goals. Our organization is healthy, and our leadership is open minded and flexible. Roles in content development offer a solid career path and provide a broad view of Microsoft products and services.
Responsibilities of the Senior Content Publishing Manager
- Lead a diverse team with deep technical skills to provide documentation for multiple Identity features and technologies.
- Create an inclusive work environment where every employee can effectively communicate, engage, and be a contributing member to the team to drive initiatives that provide exceptional customer experiences.
- Promote cross-team collaboration.
- Work with geographically dispersed teams and partners.
- Oversee monthly sprint deliverables and provide updates to business partners.
- Provide ongoing feedback that helps direct reports learn, grow, and develop to achieve career goals and aspirations.
- Create and apply objectives and key results (OKRs) to support the team and organization’s primary business objectives.
- Coach and mentor others in planning, organizing, and coordinating work.
- Identify opportunities to improve our customers’ experiences (process, tools, technology).
- Maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders across engineering, marketing, customer experience and partnerships, support, and other partner teams.
- 5+ years of excellent technical writing, training, communication, and project management. Writing experience may include blogs, articles, internal or external customer/community user documentation, other customer-facing content, and training.
- 5+ years people management or team lead experience in customer support, content development, program management, or technical training disciplines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience at gathering customer requirements and prioritizing across multiple deliverables.
- Proven project management, organization, and planning skills, including track record of delivering great results under tight deadlines.
- Strong affinity for cross-group collaboration, negotiation, and organization skills.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, System Administration, Technical Communications, or a related field, or equivalent industry experience.
- 2+ years Cloud industry experience.
- At least five years of technical writing experience in a software company, writing professional customer-facing documentation or training.
- Background as an IT administrator, DevOps, or other related profession is helpful.
- Experience working in GitHub and Markdown language.
- Experience with Azure Active Directory and other Azure services.
Successful candidate competencies
- Experienced people manager of diverse and inclusive teams with strong people development skills.
- Experience reporting to a manager who is remote and working with groups in different time zones.
- Real day-to-day external customer-facing experience.
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively with executives and engineering teams.
- Experience assembling, leading, and working within strong cross-functional groups and matrixed team environments.
- Proven skills and abilities to consistently create positive customer experiences.
- Track record of problem-solving ranging from conceptualization to implementation.
- Ability to juggle and manage several priorities and drive clarity.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Planning on improving your technical writing skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started.