Scaling #Ethereum's values and security with zkEVM with @zksync .
As the Senior Compiler Engineer, you will be responsible for implementing our LLVM-based compilers from Solidity, Vyper, and other languages to zkSync EraVM bytecode.
We expect you to independently conduct research in your area of ownership, design, implement, and document solutions.
What You’ll Be Doing
The Senior Compiler Engineer role has the following responsibilities:
- zkSync EraVM back-end migration to the latest version of the ISA
- Back-end optimizations – better selection patterns, better ISA utilization, peephole passes, etc.
- Optimizer tuning – zkSync EraVM is different from a typical LLVM target, so passes like instruction combiner need to be configured, and the pipeline itself has to be tuned
- Front-end optimizations – our front-ends currently produce correct IR, but they lack attributes and metadata that would make analyses and transformations more efficient
- Debug information and debugger support
- Profiler support
- Binary format development and linker integration – we currently use a custom linker written in Rust and want to migrate to LLVM one day
What We Look For In You
The Senior Compiler Engineer role has the following requirements:
- You are driven by passion, curiosity, and desire to make a meaningful contribution to the world
- Experience with compiler/toolchain development using the LLVM framework
- Fluency in C++, at least 3+ years of experience
- Good understanding of computer architecture and ability to work with machine-level representation of a program
- Deep understanding of software engineering best-practices
- Ownership mindset and a track record of successfully accomplished projects
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Knowledge of common algorithms, data structures, and their computational and memory complexities is critical, as well as experience in implementing them from scratch
Working at Matter Labs
At Matter Labs, you have the freedom to work how you want when you want, and from where you want. All positions are 100% remote (with optional travel to team and/or industry events). We operate in lean and nimble teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. We move fast. Only results matter. We will provide you with everything you need to learn, grow, and be productive.
At Matter Labs, we believe freedom drives progress and prosperity. We don’t see ourselves as a company, but as a team aligned around a single mission: to advance personal freedom for all (see ZK Credo ).
To achieve this goal, we’re building zkSync — a credibly neutral, fully open-source technology stack and network on top of Ethereum, which is owned and governed by its community. We use advanced cryptography called zero-knowledge proofs to scale Ethereum infinitely without compromising on security or decentralization. With a world-class team, a community of over 1M supporters across Twitter + Discord, and hundreds of millions $ in funding, we have abundant resources to accomplish the mission.
Previous compilers for smart contracts were usually written from scratch. That meant reinventing the wheel, a poor optimization pipeline, and a lack of tools. We aim to fix this and deliver production-quality toolchains and a better development experience to our customers. That’s why we use LLVM, follow LLVM development practices, and upstream our fixes. In particular, we strongly prefer to reuse well-written and decently-tested code.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started