Build software faster. The One DevOps Platform enables your entire organization to collaborate around your code.
We’re hiring Senior Backend Engineer for the Product Analytics group. The Product Analytics group is focused on building an analytics platform that closes the DevOps loop: driving insight by measuring user value, connected to the value that GitLab already delivers as a DevOps platform.
You will be closely collaborating with counterparts from Engineering, UX, Quality, and Product. You will work across the backend (Ruby on Rails), interfacing with frontend (Vue.js) parts of our application.
Learn more about the Analytics section and where we’re headed.
This position is 100% remote.
- Develop features and improvements to the GitLab product in a secure, well-tested, and performant way
- Assess, design, and build solutions to address use cases involving the analysis and interpretation of highly complex data to arrive at actionable recommendations
- Collaborate with Product Management and other stakeholders within Engineering (e.g. UX) to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative startup environment
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance
- Solve technical problems of large scope and complexity
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review
- Represent GitLab and its values in public communication around specific projects and community contributions
- Confidently ship small features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects
- Participate in Tier 2 or Tier 3 weekday and weekend and occasional night on-call rotations to assist troubleshooting product operations, security operations, and urgent engineering issues
- You have a growth mindset: embracing ambiguity and seeking opportunities to challenge yourself and continuously grow your skills
- You have professional software engineering experience with PostgreSQL or Clickhouse in large production environments
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for achieving consensus and success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems
- You have demonstrated the ability to onboard and integrate with an organization long-term. Within the last 5 years, you’ve worked at one company for at least 2 years.
- Experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution.
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills.
- Comfort working in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset
- An inclination towards communication, inclusion, and visibility
- You are familiar with working in an open source environment
- You are comfortable working in a cross-functional organization
- You are able to thrive in a fully remote organization
- You are able to use GitLab
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Experience working with data and analytics technologies, e.g., Snowplow, dbt, Clickhouse, Segment, etc.
- Experience building data analytics solutions for product-focused teams
- Experience working with modern frontend frameworks (eg. React, Vue.js, Angular)
- Experience in a peak performance organization, preferably a tech startup
- Experience with the GitLab product as a user or contributor
- Experience working in a global, distributed, or otherwise multi-cultural team
- Enterprise software company experience
- Experience scaling a successful SaaS product
- Computer science education or equivalent experience
- Passionate about/experienced with open source and developer tools
Looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for more information