Make a world of difference with our international money transfers.
About the role:
We count on you to help us build a new Back Office platform which will be used by our multi-brand operations team supporting customers who are sending money transfers from 50 countries into 150+ markets worldwide.
In the role of Senior Backend Engineer (Java), you will be joining a newly built team which aims to create microservices-based, AWS-centric solutions which allow operation teams to do their daily work, automate processes using various domains’ APIs, and integrate with internal and external platforms. The Back Office solution will operate in several domains and will integrate them together under one UI channel.
We use a modern stack – Java 8, React 18, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Microservices – and modern approaches – CI/CD, Agile – to get the job done.
As a member of WorldRemit’s Engineering team you will aim high, embrace challenges and always do what’s right; acting with integrity and building trust as you contribute to the company’s technical direction and long-term decision making.
What you will own:
Reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager, the Senior Backend Engineer (Java) will:
- Write great code. We understand code is read more than it’s written, better off tested and maintainability is a must.
- Help shape what we build. You’ll be working closely with product owners, designers and other engineers to design and refine our work. We work as a team and your input is key.
- Design and influence technology evolution. We are designing a new platform with long-term goals in mind and are also happy to improve with new technology capabilities
- Own delivery. We’re obsessed with shipping value; you’ll own work beyond just a pull request. You’ll care about bugs, scalability, uptime and other non-functional requirements.
- Growing together. You’ll review others’ work and happily seek feedback on yours to ensure we build a better codebase and sharpen each other’s skills.
- Share your knowledge and points of view. We promote knowledge sharing across our Chapters and as such count on you to become an active member of one. Experiment with new tools, present your findings and shape our future standards.
What you bring to the table:
The role of Senior Backend Engineer (Java) has the following requirements:
- Strong experience in building APIs and services.
- Extensive experience in Java and Kotlin
- Experience working with Microservices
- Experience working with REST, gRPC and GraphQL APIs (consumer and provider)
- Experience with unit and integration tests
- Happy in the Clouds. Our Cloud Native platform is hosted in AWS. You’ll be comfortable working with a system that supports users from around the world, at scale.
- Bias for action. You see a problem, you fix a problem. You get buy-in for your solutions and keep tickets moving. We’re always looking for ways to ship at pace.
Bonus points if you:
- Working knowledge of Spring Boot and Spring Cloud
- Knowledge of AWS native services
- CI/CD and IaaC tooling experience: Jenkins, Terraform, ArgoCD
- Experience with Relational and NoSQL databases
What we offer you:
Please note that the benefits below will apply to Full-time roles.
We have five core benefits for our talent in the US, UK, Philippines, Poland, and South Africa. If you’re not in one of those regions, don’t worry – the Talent team can let you know what is available for you specifically:
- Unlimited Annual Leave: Most Zepz team members are eligible for unlimited annual leave. Colleagues in customer-facing roles receive a competitive holiday allowance and four recharge days a year. Feel free to make the most of your time off and maintain a healthy work-life balance!
- Private Medical Cover: You can opt-in to a Private Medical Insurance scheme. This provides you with access to thorough medical coverage, so you can feel confident in your health and well-being.
- Retirement: We offer pension schemes to help you plan for and secure your future.
- Life Assurance: Life assurance is available to give you peace of mind and protect your loved ones in case of the unexpected.
- Parental Leave: We offer competitive parental leave schemes to ensure you are spending as much quality time with your new bundle of joy as possible.
We are also remote-first as an organisation, offering flexibility for you to work where you need to be most productive. In many locations, we have workspaces, which you can use as you desire.
Most roles in the Philippines are predominately office-based, with this we offer free meals for those 100% on-site.
In addition to the above, you will discover that we have a range of secondary perks (such as the cycle-to-work scheme and employee discounts) depending on your location, to help you thrive at Zepz!
Why choose Zepz?
- Our team of over 1400 employees is fully distributed across the world. We are working from coffee shops, homes, and co-working spaces — making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world but we also offer workspace in our talent cluster locations – spaces we can meet, collaborate and connect.
- We are proud parents, community organizers, farmers, band members, yoga teachers, YouTube influencers, former Olympians, and serial entrepreneurs.
- We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili, Wolof, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish.
- At Zepz, embodying our commitments binds us together. We are collectively passionate about striving to achieve our vision and purpose – to continue to provide the best service to our users.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started