Employee management system with Time Tracking, HR & Payroll Managements and Automated payouts/payments
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer (2) who are proficient with PHP, and Laravel PHP Framework. You will be responsible for the server side of our web applications. If you are successful, Workpay will grow, and so will your role and career.
About the job
Workpay’s core product is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform that enables businesses to manage and process employee leave, benefits, documents, payments, and payroll, and to pay their employees in a timely and compliant manner in different African countries. We also provide Employer of Record (EoR) services across the continent, enabling global organizations to quickly and efficiently engage employees in any African country without the cost, risk, and hassle of incorporation, contracting, and tax filing. Workpay handles that for them, and we plan to integrate these services into our evolving global SaaS platform.
The Senior Backend Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Implementation of security and data protection.
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Compile and analyze data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement. Optimization of applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- Collaborating with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
- Developing ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- BSC degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related subject.
- 5+ years of active work as a backend developer and 3+ yrs experience with Laravel Framework specifically
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process. Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git
- Rock solid at working with third-party dependencies and debugging dependency conflicts
- Understanding of REST APIs
- Clear and accurate written and verbal communication. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Good time-management skills
- Experience working on software products related to employee benefits and other HR matters
- Experience as a developer in a fast-growing B2B SaaS and/or fintech startup
- Competitive, incentive-based remuneration, health cover, and gym membership.
- Purpose-driven work. We are building the rails for employment payments and compliance across Africa, helping drive economic growth and development.
- Career advancement through constant opportunities for learning and growth
- Working in a flexible, vibrant team environment with a flexible remote work policy. Work from home or from our fun, funky modern office in Westlands.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started