We’re looking for a brilliant and motivated Senior Backend Developer – PHP to join our team. You will report to our Head of Backend and among your tasks, you will design and build solid, scalable, and maintainable PHP applications and CMS plugins; lead Code Reviews, lead, and mentor colleagues; create a positive environment for the people around you, share knowledge with everyone, and help the team grow; collaborate with designers, other team leads, and stakeholders to understand business goals, analyze requirements and propose technical solutions. This is meant to be partly a management role, it won’t just be about writing code.
The Senior Backend Developer – PHP role has the following requirements:
- At least 7 years of experience as a PHP developer (possibly spent crafting mid-large size web applications using object-oriented programming, and patterns);
- Sound knowledge of Laravel 8 and PHP 7/8;
- Experience in leading and mentoring small-sized backend teams (having excellent communication and collaboration skills);
- Solid knowledge of relational databases (MySQL);
- Experience in Unit, Integration, and Acceptance testing, and CI/CD tools;
- Experience with GitHub and a solid understanding of Git core concepts;
- Experience with REST API development;
- Full professional proficiency in English and Italian.
- Side projects or open-source projects contributions (you might want to share via GitHub link);
- Experience with React.js;
- Experience with Vite.js;
- Experience with Shopify SDK;
- Knowledge of CSS3;
- Experience With Kubernetes and Docker;
- Experience with Postgres and NoSQL;
- Experience with SaaS development.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started