We believe in access to good healthcare for everyone, everywhere.
At CarePay, you work with us and not for us! We’re introducing cutting-edge technology to transform the healthcare industry. We do almost everything in-house, developing software using the latest technologies and tools. If you’re a passionate Senior Backend Developer, we want you to join our team of over 25 nationalities at our Amsterdam office to make healthcare more accessible for more people in Africa. From day one, you can make a real difference in people’s lives.
In Kenya, people know CarePay better than M-TIBA. The name refers to mobile healthcare access and “health” in Swahili (tiba).
Your main task as the Senior Backend Developer is to deliver quality solutions for our end users while keeping the platform fit for the future. This means next to working on green fields projects, you also refactor existing modules to match our high level of engineering. Your guide and coach fellow team members, you help them grow, and you maximize your impact.
The primary purpose of the job
🎯 What you’ll do as the Senior Backend Developer
- Bring in your ideas and connect millions of people together.
- Be part of a multidisciplinary team including backend engineers, frontend engineers, cloud engineers, business analysts, designers and business owners.
- Build new independent business modules, from gathering requirements all the way to production.
- Be a pioneer and introduce new technologies: we’re always open to change!
- Continuously increase the scalability and maintainability of our microservices and architecture.
- Streamline our CI/CD pipelines with automated tests.
- Maintain and direct the team’s effectiveness and coach your peers.
💻 Technologies we use
- The latest versions of Java and Spring Boot
- AWS, Kubenetes, Terraform, Helm Charts
- Kafka, Tyk, GraphQL, MySQL
- Bitbucket Pipelines
✨ About you
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent – or relevant experience
- At least 5 years of software development experience
- Relevant experience with the technologies used at CarePay
- Have a cloud-native mindset
- Experience with GitHub or Bitbucket
- Experience with Agile and Scrum frameworks
- Experience setting up CI/CD tools and pipelines
- Fluency in English (Dutch is not required)
✔️ For Bonus Points
- Interest in global development and healthcare
- Experience with mobile technology and development
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started