We provide ICT consultancy services and Software Development in the fields of corporate and financial management solutions, human resources management, and energy.
The Senior Application Developer will be responsible for leading the design, development and deployment of large-scale complex software solutions at an enterprise level. These applications are often high-volume mission-critical systems and will provide exposure to a broad range of technologies across all layers of architecture in JAVA, Redhat Integrations, Cloud and DevOps practice.
He/She will work independently or collaborate with teams across the development organisation to understand the functional requirements and translate them into shippable products. In addition, he/she will be a technical lead in many projects and a thought leader in the integrations and software development practice.
- Develop systems and systems integrations on the bank’s integrations middleware stack using JAVA
and Red Hat Integration technologies and tools to drive business.
- Work closely with product owners and business analysts and solution architects during
requirements engineering phase to understand and document functional and non-functional
- Work together with Group Enterprise Architecture teams to analyse product requirements and
design best-fit architectures and solutions guided by KCB policies and industry best practices
- Identify, champion, and implement innovative solutions that exploit existing business
opportunities and mitigate existing risks.
- Accountable for the development and timely delivery of quality applications and software solutions
from requirements definition, review of solution design (SDD) and interface specification
documents (ISD), user test planning and review, defect tracking, and ensuring the closure project
- Specify and ensure application controls are incorporated during the design of the software in order
to check on risk exposure.
- Analyze and fix software applications bugs and defects and contributes towards ensuring high
availability, scalability, fault tolerance and resilience of production solutions and
- Design, develop unit test plans and perform unit and scenario testing for application code bases
- Work with technology operations and support teams to handover system support skills and
documentation and formulate OLA agreements with level 3 support.
For the Senior Application Developer position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- University degree from a recognized institution.
- 5 years of Technology experience with at least 2 years of experience in developing enterprise-grade
highly scalable Java-based applications.
- Application development experience using any of the following technologies: Java 1.8+, Spring Framework, Apache Camel, Spring Boot, Restful Services (JAX-RS), REST and SOAP API, Java Testing Frameworks (JUnit, Mockito, PowerMockito), Microservices, JPA/JDBI, Openshift.
- A good understanding of Cloud infrastructure & continuous integration tools such as GIT, Jenkins, and XLR.
- Able to work with a variety of customers and collaborate with technical teams.
- Experience working in a fast-paced agile environment.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.