Send money to Africa, Asia and the Americas with love
Your key area of focus:
To achieve our mission, we need to make sure our app is easy to use for every interaction from signup to sending to editing info to resetting your password. The Senior Android Engineer will work closely with our Head of Product to fix highly impactful user problems and A/B test interface changes to make the experience even smoother and quicker. You’ll eventually be one of the primary code owners of our Android app, and the go-to people for when someone else on the team has a hairy Android problem they need help with, but it won’t be all Android work though— you will need to work across client and server to solve problems end-to-end.
In your first few months, you’ll
- Streamline in-app signup and verification flows
- Set up A/B tests to measure the impact of your work
- Help us build a top-tier referral program to help users share their love of Sendwave with their friends
- Advise other engineers on Android development questions and challenges
What you bring to the table:
- 4+ years of professional experience as a full-stack or mobile engineer (but at least 3+ years exclusively in mobile)
- Significant experience working with Android — you don’t need to know every detail of the Android environment off the top of your head, but you should have a strong enough foundation to figure out those details when needed
- Work authorization in the country in which you intend to be based.
Bonus points if you
- Have worked on a growth team before
- Possess hands-on experience with Python or iOS
- Care about users and want to make their experience easier and better
- Are more of a “get it done” type person than a perfectionist
- Aren’t afraid to throw away code you wrote when after testing, a flow you built doesn’t work as well as another one
- Can easily communicate with non-technical folks and translate their feedback into code.
- Are comfortable defaulting to over-communication and overreaching when it comes to coordination.
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions and cope effectively with complexity and change.
The benefits and perks you’ll enjoy…
- Convenient, remote working. Sendwave is 100% remote.
- Subsidized health insurance and pension contribution-matching (both vary from country-to-country)
- 26 weeks fully paid parental leave, and subsidized fertility assistance
- Unlimited vacation with a 20-day minimum requirement
- Upto $10,000 annual charitable donation-matching
- Significant equity
And best of all:
- Our team of over 400 employees is fully distributed across the world. We are working from coffee shops, homes, and co-working spaces — making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world.
- We are proud parents, community organizers, farmers, band members, yoga teachers, YouTube influencers, former Olympians, and serial entrepreneurs.
- We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili, Wolof, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish.
- We recently joined forces with WorldRemit, another remittance company. We’re excited about the ways we can collaborate and continue to provide the best service to our users.
Looking to sharpen your Software Developer skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for more information