M-KOPA is a connected asset-financing company that serves customers across Africa and beyond. We aim to make financing for everyday essentials accessible to everyone.
We’re looking for a Senior Analytics Engineer to work in a matrix organization you will own analytics datasets and pipelines for a specific product domain and work together with your cross-functional partners to improve our understanding of the area.
It is a fully remote role #LI-Remote, within the following time zone (UTC -1 / UTC+3). You will be reporting to the Head of Analytics
YOU ARE EXCITED ABOUT THIS ROLE BECAUSE YOU WILL
- Together with your cross-functional partners, you will define key metrics for the product area: how do we measure success?
- You will build easy-to-understand and consistently modelled datasets to serve metrics, dashboards and exploratory analysis
- You will develop semantic models in Looker, build dashboards and coach users on how to use the self-serve capabilities of our platform
- Working together with software engineers you will ensure that the data necessary for analysis is captured well in our systems
- You will build data transformation pipelines, primarily by using SQL and Python in dbt + Airflow infrastructure
- Throughout this process, you will apply best practices to build reliable, well-tested, efficient, documented data assets
WE ARE EXCITED ABOUT YOU BECAUSE YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE IN
The position of Senior Analytics Engineer has the following requirements:
- You’ll have experience working in the following area dimensional data modelling for analytics/data warehouses / big data infrastructures
- High proficiency in SQL (any dialect)
- Experience programming in Python, Java or another language
- 5+ years of experience working with SQL
- 3+ years working with data warehouses technologies
- 3+ years of experience working with BI tools such as Looker or Tableau
- 2+ years experience working with a transformation tool such as dbt
- Experience working with orchestration systems such as airflow
- A technical degree is plus, but not a must
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Private health insurance (inpatient outpatient, maternity, eye care, and dental) –
- Group Life Cover
- Remote working (dependent on the nature of the role)
- Airtime allowance (dependent on the nature of the role)
- WIFI payment up to 5 Mbps monthly (dependent on the nature of the role)
- 21 days per annum (excluding public holidays). Annual leave is accrued at the standard rate of 1.75 days per month
- Annual Learning and Development Fund – You have an annual $ 1,200 allowance to spend on learning and development (that is, between 1 January and 31 December). For your first year at M-KOPA, this allowance is pro-rated depending on the month that you start.
- Home Office Set Up – Having the best IT equipment tools in the world doesn’t make sense if you do not have a proper setup to work with. For this reason, M-KOPA will pre-approve the following items for a total budget of $1000 that you can use at any time after signing the offer letter with M-KOPA
- On-site retreats with a wider tech team, plus trips to operational markets
At M-KOPA, We Finance Progress.
The scale and impact of our work are massive. M-KOPA is a fast-growing FinTech company offering millions of underbanked customers across Africa access to life-enhancing products and services. From our roots as the pioneer in pay-as-you-go “PayGo’” solar energy for off-grid homes, we have grown into one of the most advanced connected asset ﬁnancing platforms in the world, empowering a broad range of customers to achieve progress in their lives.
Our analytics team is driven by Our mission to improve the ability of Product, Operations and Data Science teams in M-KOPA to make data-driven decisions.