The Cloud Native Developer and Security Operations Company.
As a Scrum Product Owner, you will be at the forefront of product design, collaborating with key clients to ensure alignment between client expectations and internal delivery, from inception to the completion of a project. You will work closely with the Technical Leads and Agile Project Managers, and report to the Head of Delivery.
What you will be doing:
- Lead the product functional design process with key client stakeholders, showcasing product, design, and technical ability.
- Collaborate with key clients and internal teams to define product roadmaps, giving input into the product vision and strategy.
- Positively influence and guide the overall product design, feature set, and usability including requirement-gathering sessions with clients.
- Translate product roadmap features into well-defined product requirements including epics, user stories, and acceptance test criteria.
- Maintain and prioritize the product backlog (roadmap items, bugs, change requests, etc).
- Collaborate in an agile environment and continuously review client business needs, refine priorities, milestones and deliverables, and identify opportunities and risks.
- Understand, drive, and participate in various scrum events: backlog grooming, sprint planning, daily scrum, sprint review and sprint retrospective.
- Collect and share the appropriate data, driving data-driven decision-making.
- Work closely with an Agile Project Manager and Engineering Team Lead to ensure product delivery is on time, within budget, and exceeds client expectations.
What you must have:
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience as a Product Owner, with a great understanding and passion for Agile (Scrum).
- Excellent working knowledge of the SDLC and how to deliver software products.
- Proven ability to facilitate Scrum rituals, including daily standups, sprint demos and retros, as well as planning sessions.
- Highly proficient in Jira with an exceptional ability to create stories.
- Familiarity with some of the following tools: BaseCamp, Slack, and Google Workspace.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership and deliver value across several products concurrently.
- Strong background in reporting with proven risk identification and resolution abilities.
- Exceptional communication, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills tailored to a remote-first environment.
- Confidence to build, grow and maintain flourishing client relationships.
For us to achieve our ambitious vision together as a team, It is important for our Martians to lead at all levels, be self-starters who take initiative and put their hands up for challenging tasks. A growth mindset is important to us and we encourage all our Martians to openly share knowledge, support and help each other, ask questions, get creative with new technologies and learn from setbacks.
Becoming a Martian means:
- Comfortably working and learning from a fully remote, culturally diverse team based predominantly in South Africa and Nigeria.
- Being an open, honest and respectful communicator.
- You enjoy asking questions, identifying areas of improvement and proposing solutions, no matter your job title or whether you have been with us for a day, a month or years!
- You are comfortable taking initiative and operating independently.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment, where change is constant.
- You find it exciting to work with various clients, from different industries, each with a different problem for you and your team to solve.
- Intentionally sharing tech and industry trends that excite you with your peers.
- Seeking continuous feedback and actively taking steps to continuously grow personally and professionally.
Want to know what you get by joining us?
- Become a member of a team where we value each individual’s contribution from day 1 and empower you to make suggestions, get involved and do what you love most!
- Flexibility and the freedom to work from anywhere you choose and feel you thrive best.
- Work-life balance where you are not expected to work over weekends or after hours.
- A forward-thinking remote company that knows how important it is to stay connected as one team, by providing social platforms for employee engagement, virtually or in person.
- A monthly work-from-home allowance which you can use to set yourself up to work comfortably from home. Whether that is pens, notebooks, new headphones or work snacks!
- A MacBook or Windows laptop for you to do your best work on.
- Become part of a team of exceptionally clever and talented people who like to share their knowledge and learnings.
- We support your career growth and love setting you up for the future! We want you to succeed and will continue to support you, even after you leave.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started