International Rescue Committee (IRC)
We respond to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and help people to survive, recover, and gain control of their future.
As a Salesforce Developer and Administrator, you will be responsible for developing and providing support to users. You will be dealing with cases and together you will be building scalable and robust solutions. You will be using Agile development methodologies with a focus on high availability to end users and relevant partners. You will be expected to have a strong understating of the Salesforce Platform architecture and development techniques.
This position can be fully remote in the UK, Kenya, or Pakistan but will be required to match the GMT/BST workday. At times the role will work a flexible schedule related to maintenance or critical business needs outside of normal business hours.
• Support Salesforce users and community users by responding to, resolving and documenting resolutions of Salesforce cases.
• Design and develop new business solutions leveraging Apex, Trigger and Flows to a high standard but within the platform’s governance framework.
• Integrate Salesforce with a third-party systems. Define integrations with Marketing Technology’s integrations and automations team.
• Regular use of design patterns and programming techniques to make code modular and reusable.
• Troubleshoot and fixbugs
• Create and enhance functionality with Lightning Web Component
• Maintain and continue to optimize system security
• Code validation
• Execute project deliverables within an agile scrum environment.
• Design and recommend development and configuration strategies with minimal guidance
• Advise key stakeholders on technical solutions using knowledge of Salesforce’s overall capabilities.
• Liaise with internal users and external vendors to resolve technical issues.
• Admin Support, user management and system configuration.
• Development of reports and dashboards
• Documentation new processes and components
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Associate Director, CRM
Position directly supervises: None
Indirect Resources: Collaborates with other IRC staff on multi-functional development and project teams.
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
• The Salesforce Developer & Administrator will regularly collaborate with other members of the CRM team and integrations and automations developers, project managers, product managers and business analysts from across the Marketing Technology team ensure efforts are cohesive and in line with overall objectives.
• Close collaboration with partners in External Relations, in particular Global Analytics and Global Donation Operations
• Regular interaction with internal users
• May collaborate with external digital vendors and consultants (including software developers).
Impact of work: Supports IRC’s ability to manage its supporter data, measure and improve ongoing profile management, analytics and Salesforce’s utility to the global organization.
• 5-7 years demonstratable professional work experience in Salesforce development.
• 3-5 years of demonstrable Salesforce development experience in Apex, Triggers, Flows and LWC automation.
• Excellent understanding of Salesforce Platform Architecture including development tools and techniques.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of Agile framework and practices.
• Excellent time management.
• Experience in working with Excel for data manipulation.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Teams, Outlook and Agile Framework
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
• NPSP Salesforce Certification and Sales Cloud certification.
• Using SQL/SOQL skills to work with large datasets
• Working with volunteers and non-profit organizations.
• Platform Development 1 Certification.
• Admin Certification and Platform App Builder
• Experience in working with Pardot, Blackthorn and APSONA.
• Experience in implementing fundraising applications for non-profit organizations;
• Experience in working effectively with an Agile delivery model;
• Experience with web services or application programming interfaces is a great plus;
• Willingness to further enhance knowledge by taking Salesforce certification exams