Prodapt is a leading provider of IT and Engineering services, singularly focused on the communication industry.
About the job
The Remedy Engineers will be responsible for improving existing solutions, providing technical support, troubleshooting and monitoring financial solutions applications to ensure 99.999% availability of the system. Technical support duties for the role of Remedy Engineers include but are not limited to architecture reviews and optimization, incident handling, detailed root cause analysis, problem management, configuration management, automation of routine tasks, documentation and operational acceptance compliance.
- Ensure data and/or application availability of the assigned systems and applications;
- Participate in the design, testing and implementation of new products, services, functionalities or upgrades.
- Perform Systems and Applications Monitoring.
- Maintain knowledge base by documenting technical knowledge.
- Collaborate with team members to improve the tools, systems and procedures.
- Work with the external and internal technical teams to ensure efficient resolution of all system issues.
- Implement DevOps technologies and processes, e.g.: containerization.
- Liaise with all stakeholders to ensure new functionality, processes and systems are fully understood
- Transfer system knowledge to internal customers on new features and support processes
- Prepare and publish accurate and timely system performance reports.
- Perform regular service improvements that align with 99.999% availability.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues on the assigned systems and apply a workaround or a permanent solution to resolve them to ensure the MTTR is met.
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal or external teams and follow up to ensure they are satisfactorily closed.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to stakeholders on assigned tasks.
- Ensure all issues are logged in the service management tool and are properly prioritized and also accurately log resolution details in the ticket.
- A bachelor’s degree in information technology, Computer Science, Engineering or a relevant field as a minimum
- 2 years of work experience as an engineer in a telecommunications or financial services environment
- Expertise in system monitoring and alerting strategies and can draw on their experience to drive improvements in system monitoring with automation, third-party tools and frameworks
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Software development skills in Java, Python, Angular JS etc
- Knowledge of ITIL Service Operations processes and Agile methodology. Certification in Scrum fundamentals is an added advantage.
- Working knowledge in dev ops and dev ops tools like GitHub
- Knowledge of mobile money systems, integrations or Financial systems
- Must be able to work without supervision & meet tight deadlines/schedules
- Good presentation skills
- Proactive & self-motivated
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started