We connect global companies to brilliant team members based on the continent of Africa.
About the job
At Tana, we believe that your skills and your character define you – not where in the world you were born. We empower brilliant young Africans to start meaningful careers in technology by training them in roles like Quality Assurance Lead and Technical Support Engineering and placing them in full-time, remote positions with global teams across North America and Europe. We’re a dynamic, rapidly growing company headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, with a vision to change the world of work.
We are seeking a highly skilled QA Lead / Technical Trainer to train and support Fellows in starting their careers as QA Engineers. As the Quality Assurance Lead, your primary focus will be designing and conducting training sessions, developing materials, and providing hands-on guidance to QA Engineers. We are looking for someone with a strong QA background, excellent communication skills, and a passion for teaching and coaching others.
This position is remote, but candidates must be able to work in East Africa Time.
- Design training programs for QA Engineers, covering a wide range of topics related to software testing methodologies, tools, processes, and industry best practices.
- Develop training materials, including presentations, hands-on exercises, documentation, and other resources to facilitate learning and understanding.
- Conduct training sessions, workshops, and individual coaching for effective knowledge transfer.
- Provide hands-on guidance and mentorship to QA Engineers, assisting them in applying learned concepts and tools in their daily work.
- Monitor and track the progress of QA Engineers relative to client expectations, provide ongoing support and feedback, and identify additional training needs as required.
- Stay updated with the latest advancements in QA methodologies, tools, and technologies to incorporate relevant updates into training programs.
- 3-5+ years of experience as a QA Engineer, with an in-depth knowledge of software testing processes, including functional, usability, performance, API, compatibility, and security testing.
- Diverse experience with test management software (e.g., Xray, Zephyr, Qase), testing tools (e.g., Postman, Swagger, JMeter), and test automation frameworks (e.g., Cypress, Selenium, Appium).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively convey complex concepts in a clear and understandable manner for different learning styles and skill levels.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills, and the ability to drive goals independently.
- Strong coaching abilities, with a passion for fostering the professional development of others.
- Prior experience managing or training QA Engineers is highly desirable.
- Prior experience working with global technology teams is highly desirable.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started