We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges.
About Palladium – Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Quality Assurance Associate – Project Overview and Role:
Funded under the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through a cooperative agreement with the US Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Palladium Development and Consultancy Kenya Ltd (Palladium Kenya) anticipates 5-year funding to support the Kenya Ministry of Health, county governments and healthcare service delivery partners to implement technological innovations in health information systems.
These innovations include the scale up of electronic medical records systems (EMRs) for clinical decision support and improved patient care, the enhancement of the Kenya National Data Warehouse (NDW), a centralized data repository of data from EMRs for analysis and reporting, the development of an interoperability layer to support the exchange of data across systems, the enhancement of mHealth solutions and numerous other innovations including patient identification and informatics solutions to support health surveillance.
Quality Assurance Associate – Position Summary
The Quality Assurance Associate will be responsible for activities involving quality assurance and compliance with applicable standards and guidelines requirements. S/he will work closely with the business analyst and software engineers to ensure that all software is thoroughly tested before release. The incumbent will serve not only as a Quality Assurance Associate but also as a key team member who will fit into various roles to deliver significant value to clients and end users.
Quality Assurance Analyst – Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop, document, and execute detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured automated test plans and cases based on software requirements and technical specifications.
- Review requirement specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities.
- Distinctively identify, record, document, and track bugs on Jira.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved and documented on Jira.
- Leverage knowledge and contribute to proper knowledge management within the project.
- Provides references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation and training users.
- Preparing and implementing quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Performing routine inspections and quality tests.
- Identifying and resolving workflow and production issues.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing Quality Assurance related results as needed.
- Any other duties assigned by the Quality Assurance Lead.
Quality Assurance Associate – Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree, with major in Computer Science or Information Systems preferred.
- Test automation experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in software development, technical support, systems analyst, or Testing/QA roles.
- Experience with and development of functional, interface, integration, and user acceptance testing required.
- Practical experience delivering IT solutions for projects related to clinical information system implementation projects highly preferred.
- Practical experience working in central business office highly desirable for projects related to financial information system implementation projects.
- Thorough understanding of healthcare-focused software.
- Experience with creating queries and reports against a relational database.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to work independently, clearly communicating status and work plan.
- Ability to set priorities, produce accurate work, and meet deadlines; ability to function in a setting with a wide variety of duties and numerous interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to form teams to support QA/Testing efforts, leading and educating teams on process, assigned duties, and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to understand, analyse and plan testing approach for typical healthcare computing environments and solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of healthcare workflows, including business and clinical workflows for outpatient and inpatient settings.
- Excellent written, verbal, analytical, and communication skills required.
- Diligent, results-oriented work habits.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and to understand and solve the problems and information needs of others.
Looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started