Brave Venture Labs
We help companies build great teams by qualifying talent to the right job opportunities #product #software #hardware #cxo
Brave finds rising star talent for high-growth companies. We are hiring a QA Automation Engineer. That means we’re always on the lookout for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company
The company is creating a learning app for young children in low-income areas where it’s hard to get the high-quality education that all children deserve. Their vision is to improve education for these children by building the next-generation global ed-tech platform.
They believe that all children should be given the chance to reach their full intellectual potential. However, more than 600 million children in the world do not even learn foundational skills like reading and basic math, despite the majority of them going to school. Their Android-based solution enables them to learn by themselves and provides teachers with high-quality teaching support. It works globally, even on the cheapest smartphones and tablets.
About the role
They are looking for a QA Automation Engineer to develop and execute manual and automated tests to ensure product quality. The QA engineer’s responsibilities include reviewing system requirements, designing and implementing manual and automated tests and reporting bugs and verifying corrective actions.
The QA Automation Engineer will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly. If you hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, the role will report to the engineering manager based in Berlin. You should be a self-starter who requires a minimum level of supervision. Be able to contribute to building the Nairobi tech team and mentor the existing QA team.
- Review requirements, user stories, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritise, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing on releases
- Design, develop and execute test automation scripts
- Work closely with the scrum team to ensure the process of building software promotes quality
- Stay up to date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Must have at least 3 years of work experience in software quality assurance automation
- Ideally will have 5 years of work experience in software quality assurance generally
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Experience writing test automation scripts; preferably in Kotlin or Java
- Good understanding of Android testing and Espresso
- Familiarity with back-end integration tests
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Certification in ISTQB and scrum is an added advantage
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- An eagerness to visit and work with our users in the field
- An international team of passionate people located in Berlin, Nairobi and Lagos, who support and challenge each other to achieve the great goal we set out for
- We focus on results, not time spent at the office, so there is a high degree of flexibility regarding working hours, vacations, and the place of your work
- Social impact like no one else