Transforming access to essential goods and services across Africa.
We are seeking a Programmatic Technical Support Engineer to join our e-commerce technology startup’s Technical Support team. The successful candidate will report to the Programmatic Head of Technical Support and work closely with the team to provide technical assistance to internal stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background in e-commerce systems and excellent problem-solving skills.
Additionally, the Programmatic Technical Support Engineer role requires candidates to take a programmatic approach to designing technical support systems. For example, coming up with a script or no code tool that would execute SOP for commonly occurring problems. Such automated SOP could not only correct data or configuration but send out automatic emails and change ticket status.
Location: Nairobi (Kenya), or Zanzibar (Tanzania)
Reporting into: Programmatic Head of Technical Support
- Provide technical assistance to internal stakeholders using our technology tools.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues reported by stakeholders.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and resolve technical issues.
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction by ensuring that technical issues are resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
- Develop and maintain knowledge base resources to provide stakeholders with self-service options and reduce the number of technical support tickets.
- Participate in stakeholder meetings and provide technical support and expertise as needed.
- Ensure that technical support tickets are resolved within established service level agreements (SLAs).
- Function as a filter for issues being escalated to the Engineering team to save valuable development time from being distracted by non-technical, process or operational issues. This may also be done by writing and using scripts to help save the Engineering team bandwidth.
- Implement and maintain a process-oriented approach to technical support by following clear processes and simple documents.
- Work with the Programmatic Head of Technical Support to continuously monitor and improve technical support processes and procedures.
- Communicate technical information and updates to stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in e-commerce technology and technical support.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of e-commerce systems, such as order management, inventory management, and delivery.
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as python, ruby.
- Exposure to and willingness to learn no code tools such as airflow or zapier to automate workflows.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, including product, engineering, sales and logistics teams.
- Familiarity with ticketing systems and customer relationship management tools.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with bug management and triaging support requests into different levels of priority is a plus.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started