Transforming access to essential goods and services across Africa.
The Programmatic Head of Technical Support at our e-commerce technology startup will be responsible for providing technical assistance to internal stakeholders using our technology tools. The successful candidate will lead a team of technical support specialists/engineers to ensure that stakeholders receive the highest level of service and support. The Programmatic Head of Technical Support role requires extensive knowledge of e-commerce technology, troubleshooting skills, leadership abilities, and a process-oriented mindset.
Additionally, the role requires candidates to take a programmatic approach to design technical support systems. For example, coming up with a script or no code tool that would execute SOP for commonly occurring problems. Such automated SOP could not only correct data or configuration but send out automatic emails and change ticket status.
Location: Nairobi (Kenya) or Zanzibar (Tanzania)
Reporting into: Director of Product
- Manage and develop a team of technical support specialists to provide high-quality technical assistance to internal stakeholders.
- Ensure that technical support tickets are resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
- Develop and implement training programs to ensure that the technical support team is up to date with the latest developments in e-commerce technology.
- Develop and maintain knowledge base resources to provide stakeholders with self-service options and reduce the number of technical support tickets.
- Collaborate with the product and engineering teams to improve the systems based on stakeholder feedback and technical support trends.
- Communicate technical information and updates to stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
- Participate in stakeholder meetings and provide technical support and expertise as needed.
- Continuously monitor and improve technical support processes and procedures to ensure maximum efficiency and stakeholder satisfaction.
- Implement and maintain a process-oriented approach to technical support by creating clear processes and simple documents that guide the technical support team in their work.
- Develop and implement a system to track and report on technical support metrics, such as time to resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Implement a bug management system and work with cross-functional teams to prioritize and triage bugs reported by stakeholders.
- Develop and implement a system to triage support requests into different levels of priority based on the severity of the issue and the impact on stakeholders.
- Work with cross-functional teams to establish service level agreements (SLAs) for technical support and ensure that they are met.
- Coach the Technical Support team into functioning as a filter for issues being escalated to the Engineering team to save valuable development time from being distracted by non-technical, process or operational issues. This may also be done by writing and using scripts to help save the Engineering team bandwidth.
- Provide regular reporting and insights on technical support trends, team performance, and stakeholder satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in e-commerce technology and technical support.
- Proven leadership and team management skills.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of e-commerce systems, such as order management, inventory management, and delivery.
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as python, ruby.
- Exposure to and willingness to learn no code tools such as airflow or zapier to automate workflows.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, including product, engineering, sales and logistics teams.
- Familiarity with ticketing systems and customer relationship management tools.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started