Acumen is changing the way the world tackles poverty by investing in businesses that improve the lives of the poor and leaders challenging the status quo.
The Program Data Analyst will support Acumen’s programmatic initiatives in East and West Africa by managing and coordinating all program-related data collection, data validation, and data processes. This is a new position at Acumen and will report to the Associate Director of Finance in East Africa, and secondarily to the Manager of Portfolio Finance in New York.
- Stay up to date on understanding programmatic objectives and related data metrics.
- In collaboration with the Associate Director of Finance (East Africa) and the Manager of Portfolio Finance:
- Evolve and design the ongoing program data reporting calendar.
- Coordinate with Programmatic team members to define data collection needs/cadence
- Collects, processes, and manages the data sets assigned to the Program Data Analyst
- Oversees timely collection of data sets assigned to Programmatic team members.
- Sorts, updates, and merges data files from a variety of sources
- Ensures the quality and accuracy of collected or derived data, including identifying anomalies that require resolution prior to analysis and reporting.
- Drive thoughtful data governance and implement robust data collection, monitoring, and validation processes; recommend changes that will enhance workflows and procedures
- This role will coordinate with members of the East and West Africa program teams to ensure data collected meet with and complies with donor requirements.
- Communicate data collection lags to the Associate Director of Finance (East Africa)
- Ensures timely availability of data to the larger Acumen environment.
- Respond to ad-hoc requests for this data, and build repetitive queries to improve the timeliness of response times.
- Participates in new product implementations and other improvement projects by capturing, documenting, and validating business requirements, ensuring systems are properly set up for go-live
- Communicates appropriately with all necessary clients and stakeholders.
- Integrates new or existing technologies into workflows and communicates updates to all team members, analyzing the impact, preparing the environment for change, and updating or creating procedures.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Need at least 3 years of work experience in data management
- Understands the importance of data accuracy and integrity, with experience in a data-driven role
- Experience in performing data analysis and defining data integrity/data controls framework.
- Familiarity with investment data
- Need someone with attention to detail and a process-driven mindset to optimize reporting capabilities.
- Need someone with analytical & problem-solving skills with a logical approach
- A self-starter; able to work collaboratively.
- Good communication skills; able to convey concepts to technical and non-technical people
- Self-reflective and aligned with Acumen values
- Permanently authorized to work in Kenya
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started