The number one online shopping mall in Kenya
Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating a sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, and new skills, and empowering a new generation.
About Jumia Tech Centers
Want to be part of the biggest tech centre in Africa and work in mixed teams with over 16 different nationalities? Join Jumia Kenya Tech Center where tech meets purpose. At Kenya Tech Center you will be managed by and mentored by top tech leaders across Portugal, Egypt and Kenya. You will also be working with state-of-the-art technologies & methodologies, and using agile philosophy, all as means to improve the lives of millions of Africans across the continent by offering them convenient and affordable online solutions. And with that as our PURPOSE, innovation at Jumia NEVER stops and you will be moving from one exciting challenge to the next.
Product Owner – Jumia Food – What you will be doing:
- The Jumia Food Product Manager will have the responsibility to define our Q-commerce Logistics vision, working closely with Senior Stakeholders, other Product Managers, and the tech team,
- Help define the overall strategy of Q-commerce logistics, the roadmap, and the business plan to achieve a best-in-class experience.
- Actively prioritize product backlog and coordinate planning with Product Owners, Designers, and Data Scientists.
- Work with clients and partners to define and create storyboards and user journey maps
- Work with clients and partners to understand and address usability issues
- Help unify the user experience of currently fragmented properties and products.
- Foster a collaborative relationship between business product managers and the Data Science team, ensuring productive engagements between the two teams.
- Work with the technical product managers to ensure that the deliverables are well-defined and understood in the overall project scope.
- Work with PMO; help develop processes to ensure orderly, predictable execution of deliverables
- Drive one or more Scrum Teams as the Product Owner
- Providing vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the project and creating requirements in the forms of Epics, Themes, and Stories
- Backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
- Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum best practices and values
- Lead the planning of product release plans and set expectations for the delivery of new functionalities
- Providing an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
Product Owner – Jumia Food – Requirements:
- Previous working experience as Product Owner/Project Manager in IT; Prior experience on e-commerce topics is a plus;
- Exposure or knowledge of Agile development frameworks – Scrum, Kanban is mandatory (Certification is a plus);
- Ability to actively manage competing priorities, and requirements and meet deadlines;
- Previous working experience in Q-commerce products is a plus (not mandatory)
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills;
- Fluent in English (Mandatory).
Expected personal skills :
- Action-oriented and results-oriented
- Strong analytical skill
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Fast learner
- Well organized
- Resistant to stress
- Very independent with a strong ability to go further than the expectations
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having a strong impact on building the African e-commerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders
Looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started