Science & Technology
Product Manager – Google Play – About the Job
At Google, we put our users first. The world is always changing so we need Product Managers who are continuously adapting and excited to work on products that affect millions of people every day.
In this role, you will work cross-functionally to guide products from conception to launch by connecting the technical and business worlds. You can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development at Google speed.
In this role, you will lead Google Play’s efforts to create useful, relevant and delightful experiences for our users in the region. You will be working with the local and global product and cross-functional teams, driving products from conception to launch that solve challenging in-market problems like high data cost, limited connectivity, limited app content diversity while meeting unique user needs.
Google aims to build products that organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible to our users. As a Product Manager at Google, you could be working on new technologies, platforms, consumer facing products, and/or enterprise systems. The end goal will be to match you with the team that best aligns with your interests, experience, and where you will have the most impact.
Product Manager – Google Play – Responsibilities
- Craft and drive Google Play’s regional product direction and strategy to ensure we build amazing experiences that meet the unique users and developers needs in the regional markets.
- Solve Google Play’s user and developer product challenges by addressing constraints like device capabilities and data accessibility. Identify and drive ground up, local first features with Engineering, UX and cross-functional teams.
- Create innovative product experiences with Android and other product teams that amplifies users’ mobile digital experiences.
- Be agile and creative in approach to solution and execution. Bring organization along through alignment and stakeholder buy-ins.
- Guide products throughout the execution cycle, work closely with cross-functional teams, partners, and developers to create solutions that benefit our users.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience creating product road-map(s) from conception to launch, driving product direction, defining go-to-market strategy and leading design discussions.
- Experience partnering with cross-functional areas, in addition to Product Management, such as Engineering, UX/UI, Sales, Marketing, Business Development Managers, Developer Advocates, Customer support.
- Experience in product management in shipping mobile consumer features and have a passion for both user and developer experiences.
- Experience in taking both innovative and pragmatic approaches to deliver first class product experience to users.
- Understanding and having a passion to solve the unique needs of regional users and developers.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.