The leading provider of converged communication solutions in Kenya.
Detailed Job Description
Reporting to the Tribe Lead, the role holder is responsible for leading a cross functional agile squad to develop and take to market product propositions that are relevant to the Enterprise market in the areas of cloud computing, cyber security, IoT and digital capabilities. They will also be responsible for coordinating activities with all relevant stakeholders within and out of the tribe to ensure that product propositions created by the squad are commercially viable, are taken to market appropriately. They will work to collect customer insights and communicate the same to squad. They motivated the squad by providing clarity of scope and expected outcomes of the work linking the outcomes to the squad’s vision and implied tasks and to the tribe mission.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and deliver the strategy and roadmap cloud computing category.
- Work closely with various stakeholders in the business to gain market insights
- Defines the product vision and coordinates with the Tribe Lead and other Product Owners.
- Create, priorities and maintain a product backlog in accordance to the tribe mission ensuring value maximization and alignment to the tribe mission.
- Contributes to the squad with relevant product knowledge in the development of tasks;
- Keep up with agile/scrum best practices and trends.
- Engages stakeholders and senior leaders regularly on all aspects of the product;
- Management of end to end product lifecycle using the agile approach, including products rationalization and performance review that leads to enhancements of existing product category and retirement/replacement of products that are neither profitable nor delivering retention and brand equity values for the business.
- Create and manage winning partnerships and relationships with key stakeholders including Technology and service vendors, commercial partners and internal support teams to create and deliver end-to-end innovation value chains for enterprise customers.
- Stays updated on relevant industry, technology and market trends and combine this with a needs analysis at prospective customers and market segments to identify winning propositions that deliver to the business unit objectives of revenue, retention and innovation KPIs.
- Coordinate with the marketing and commercial teams to Identify, develop, and evaluate Go to market strategy, based on knowledge of establishment objectives, market characteristics, and cost and markup factors.
- Evaluate the financial aspects of product category, such as budgets, expenditures, research and development appropriations, and return-on investment and profit-loss projections. Coordinate with the commercial teams on development of pricing strategies, balancing firm objectives and customer satisfaction.
- Defines skills and capabilities required for proper operation of new squads together with Tribe Lead, Tech Co Lead and Chapter Leads;
- Uses tools like Mind mapping, story boards, sketch storm during the solution engagement
- Get and utilize customers input and insights in product requirements definition. Co create with customers
- Define the Product User Requirements / Market Requirements Document infusing User needs, Technology needs and business needs
- Leads the development of commercial models to drive overall revenue and customer lifetime value growth.
- Drives Course correction of solutions that do not meet the set long-term targets
- Defines the long term solution growth of the product in line with all cost related metrics that will be used as the heartbeat for measuring the success of the solution
- Leads in the collaboration of the product distribution value chain for the solution (channels, channel commissions, GTM)
- Successfully pivot products based on market needs and product performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university preferred but not limited to commercial disciplines
- Knowledge of principles of cloud computing
- Experience in the sales, execution or solution designing of cloud computing based projects.
- Certification by a recognized professional body will be an added advantage
- Experience in the B2B business models and environments with certifications in this area.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with good listening and critical reasoning skills.
- Excellent presentation skills to unpack technologies to meet customer requirements.
- Professional certifications in AWS, Microsoft would be an added advantage
- Knowledge and experience with agile way of working.
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then Click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.
If you are looking to specifically acquire the certifications needed for a job like this, click here for information on how to get started.