Science & Technology
About the job
At Google, we put our users first. The world is always changing so we need Product Managers who are continuously adapting and excited to work on products that affect millions of people every day.
In this role, you will work cross-functionally to guide products from conception to launch by connecting the technical and business worlds. You can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development at Google speed.
One of the many reasons Google consistently brings innovative, world-changing products to market is because of the collaborative work we do in Product Management. Our team works closely with creative and prolific engineers, designers, marketers, etc. to help design and develop technologies that improve access to the world’s information. We’re responsible for guiding products throughout the execution cycle, focusing specifically on analyzing, positioning, packaging, promoting, and tailoring our solutions to our users.
Google aims to build products that organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible to our users. As a Product Manager at Google, you could be working on new technologies, platforms, consumer facing products, and/or enterprise systems. The end goal will be to match you with the team that best aligns with your interests, experience, and where you will have the most impact.
Product Manager – Android and Play – Responsibilities
- Solve critical challenges faced by users in Africa (e.g., data affordability, device price, apps UX, developer tools quality, etc).
- Create the best Android and Google Play experiences in a way that addresses their specific needs, starting with first-time smartphone users.
- Work closely with creative and prolific engineers, designers, and marketers to help design and develop technologies that improve access to the world’s information.
- Guide products throughout the execution cycle, focusing specifically on analyzing, positioning, packaging, promoting, and tailoring our solutions to our users.
Product Manager – Android and Play – Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in product management.
- Experience in product management with shipping consumer features and connectivity, hardware, and software.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to deliver features and experiences.
- Understanding of current wireless technologies and services of related products or interested in the mobile industry and working with a diverse ecosystem of partners.
- Excellent user experience intuition and demonstrated success in inventing innovative and user-friendly products.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Looking to sharpen your Project Management skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started.