Transforming access to essential goods and services across Africa.
Principal Security Engineer / Head of IT and Security
Wasoko is looking for a highly motivated Principle Engineer – Security with deep information security experience in distributed services, and cloud environments. You will be founding a security engineer that would work to protect sensitive company information, handle potential data breaches, and implement strong security and data governance controls. You will pioneer a company-wide cultural awareness and understanding of security best practices, collaborating to define processes and standards and helping other teams execute security-focused projects.
The Principle Engineer – Security role has the potential to lead our entire IT team over time as a qualified leader. We view IT as a function of a secure, monitored, automated self-operating system with a low-cost footprint. The aspiring engineer will set up Wasok as one of the leading commerce businesses with a strong security posture within Africa.
What you will do in this role:
- Audit GCP-hosted distributed services and customer data to identify vulnerabilities and gaps
- Evaluate the security posture of our corporate IT systems, networks and data
- Architect Wasok cyber security guiding principles and best practices
- Engineer and build automation, tools that scale to then continuously protect our systems
- Set up governance standards, and best practices working with developers and SREs
- Own and drive response to any security incidents at tier-1
- Set up security standards and roadmap for payment-related services
- Become a voice of security, develop mechanisms to establish a culture of security across Wasoko
- Partner with a product to instil customer first approach in everything security
- Hands-on operating at excellence experience as a head security engineer for high traffic production system
- Deep knowledge of cloud security architecture and toolset (GCP preferred)
- Expert with developer security standards and ways to address them (OWASP top 10 e.g.)
- Experience with compliance standards (e.g. PCI DSS) CISSP or other security certification
- Applied knowledge of security testing a plus SAST, DAST, and SCA
- Expert in python, ruby to golang
- Excellent communication, collaboration and influencing skills ` clarity of thought, articulation, data drives and fact-based
Nice to have:
- Payment and mobile security exp in scaling e-commerce environment
- Exp building security function from the ground up in a startup that scale
Wasoko is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionising access to essential goods and services. By connecting small brick & mortar retail merchants to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Wasoko aims to provide everything with a merchant needs, with no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across East and West Africa use Wasoko’s mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need quickly and cheaply while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started