Transforming access to essential goods and services across Africa.
Position: Principal Software Engineer
We are looking for an individual who has a deep interest and passion for innovation, and quick technology prototyping and loves solving problems, designing, coding, and owning/validating small-scale hypotheses/pilots/projects while working with people who will keep challenging you at every stage. You also have strong problem-solving, analytical, decision-making, and excellent communication abilities with interpersonal skills.
You should be self-driven and motivated with the desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven agile environment with varied responsibilities and also have to provide technical leadership and mentoring to a small team of highly talented and motivated engineers to deliver these solutions with the highest quality.
Location: Bangalore, India or Fumba, Zanzibar or Nairobi, Kenya
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Full Stack Engineering Member – Innovate (disruptive & continuous improvements) to the processes, systems, tools & products.
- Designing and building quick-function, scalable & simple working prototypes
- Serve as a technical lead on our most demanding, cross-functional innovation projects.
- Ability to clearly communicate high-level strategy and technical details effectively across disciplines, locations, and organizations, including senior leadership.
- Ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems.
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straightforward solutions.
- Fully and completely understand system interdependencies and limitations.
- Leverage knowledge of internal and industry in design decisions.
- Mentor other engineers, define our technical culture and help build a fast-growing team
- Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
- Proven team leadership, interpersonal skills, and ability to get things done
Principal Software Engineer – Requirements:
- 10+ years prior experience in software product, innovation & lab development.
- Masters / Degree in Computer Science or Related Field from premier institutes.
- Experience in a wide range of technology choices
- Strong experience in architecting and building distributed systems
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance
- Strong knowledge of cloud technologies like AWS/Google Cloud/Azure
- Proficient with RDBMS & NoSQL Databases
- Strong knowledge of data stores, database design, data modelling, and SQL queries.
- Strong knowledge of one or more big data processing stacks
- Enforcing excellent code quality
- Experience working on one or more large-scale applications/platforms
- Driving Non-Functional Requirements
- Should be proficient in Server Side (Java/Linux/J2EE) technologies
- Experience in handling complex production issues
Good to have:
- Knowledge of B2B & B2C retail e-Commerce
- Experience developing, maintaining, and innovating large-scale, consumer-facing web applications.
- DevOps mindset.
- Experience in data science is plus
- Experience in Spring boot or any good framework.
Looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started