Only KOKO, with its Smart Fuel Technology brings you the Most Affordable, Most Convenient and Safest 2-Burner cooking experience you desire.
About KOKO Networks
Principal Engineer – Your Role
What you will do
- Shape large components of KOKO’s technical strategy, ensuring that it meets functional and non-functional needs (e.g. performance, maintainability, monitorability, security and reliability).
- Own high-level technical architecture decisions across multiple areas and guide others in making the right design and implementation choices in their areas
- Review design work of new projects in other teams, think through complex issues in advance and anticipating potential pitfalls.
- Proactively seek and identify improvements to KOKO technology whilst balancing the needs of existing projects.
- Provide technical delivery assurance for multiple software projects in an agile team-based environment, acting as a subject matter expert across several product/technology areas
- Review quality processes in operation on projects and ensure that team members adhere to agreed systems and standards.
- Mentor and support other engineers in their career progression, and provide candid appraisals and counselling
- Evangelise newer technologies helping KOKO systems to be more efficient, reliable and performant, driving PoCs where necessary.
- Organise and deliver training across the team, in order that the team’s overall knowledge and awareness of key skills are well maintained.
- Assess effort estimations and provide the complete technical picture that others need to guide their decision-making.
What You Will Bring to KOKO as the Principal Engineer
- Significant experience leading the design and development of cloud applications at enterprise scale using relevant technologies for our stack
- Deep experience with Cloud/ SaaS architectures and how to build secure, maintainable, scalable, high-availability services
- Expert understanding of unit testing, design patterns and use of software analysis tools (profilers, static code analysis etc)
- Significant experience in the following areas: enterprise application and service-based architectures, software design patterns, messaging protocols, cyber security, distributed application development, modern front-end design, and highly scalable data architectures.
- Well-developed skills in designing for testability, reliability, security and maintainability.
- Experience with source control and continuous integration tools (We use GIT and Jenkins)
- Experience working in an Agile multi-functional team
- Thrive in an environment that requires you to partner with multiple cross-functional teams as stakeholders/customers
- You are strongly motivated by seeing high-quality outcomes delivered, and you hold yourself personally accountable, jumping in and taking ownership of problems as needed to ensure the desired outcomes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
What We Offer
- Competitive salary plus a quarterly cash bonus
- Annual compensation reviews – we reward great work
- Discounted health insurance with no-cost financing for you and your dependents
- Hybrid working model – allowing you to split your time between in-person collaboration at one of our offices and working remotely
- 21 days of annual leave plus public holidays plus examination leave
- Ongoing investment in you and your skills, incl. full access to over 5,000 online courses
- The right equipment for the job – a choice of MacBook, Windows, or Linux laptop
Looking to sharpen your Software Engineering skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started.