Save the Children
Save the Children's official global voice. We work to ensure children across the world survive, learn and are protected.
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the PRIME System Adviser in Worldwide, any existing Save the Children International office location.
Save the Children International (SCI) is undergoing significant transformation across a number of core business procedures, systems, and structures, through the implementation of a number of High Performing Organization (HPO) Change Projects.
One Programme is CAPP (Coding, Agresso, PMM PRIME) which has four core strands:
- Deploys a new financial data model
- Deploys Agresso financial system to Members
- Introduce a new Project Management Methodology (PMM) to improve the quality of our programming for children
- Deliver a project management and M&E information system (PRIME) that enables the new PMM
PRIME (Programme Reporting, Information Management and Evidence) will be Save the Children’s core business system for managing our beneficiary-facing projects. It will comprise:
- End-to-end Project Management functionality,
- Monitoring, evaluation and accountability tools,
- Business Intelligence tools, including management dashboards and reporting
PRIME is currently in the process of being deployed globally to all Save the Children offices.
The PRIME System Adviser is strategically positioned to work with the PRIME Product Owner to provide operational PRIME expertise throughout the deployment period and in BAU. This role will need to build a hands on working knowledge of PRIME as a product. Understand the different business processes that PRIME supports, build an appreciation of which business functions own which processes and connect this with the functionality in PRIME.
This role will be responsible for:
- Supporting the PRIME Product Owner in prioritising and managing the backlog of demand (both defects and improvements) carried forwards from the initial deployment and based on user feedback
- Owning and driving system improvements including gathering requirements, writing user stories, facilitating review sessions across different functions and hand over to development teams
- Work with Product owner, business analysts and Synergy (3rd party supplier who own PRIME platform) to define and test functionality
- Coordinating with the PRIME and Coding project teams in the requirements gathering process and reviewing of user stories
- Partnering with Country and Regional Offices to upskill the end user community
- Running sessions with the IT Developers to ensure requirements and user stories are understood correctly
- Working with test function to ensure common understanding of test approach. Conduct business testing of the functionalities built as part of PRIME and Coding changes
- Coordinating user acceptance tests with a small group of key end users.
- Engaging with Members to assist in fit-gap activities to help Members define how they will adopt PRIME for their domestic programming portfolio
- Working with BAs, Product Owner and Project Managers to define templatised approach for running fit-gaps and deploying PRIME to Members
- Working with PRIME champions, IT first line support staff and super users based globally, ensuring that key learning materials and support guidance is developed, published and used effectively.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a transformation programme that directly make a difference to the quality and impact of our programming for children. PPM PRIME represents the methodology and toolset that sit at the heart of what we do as an organisation. By performing this role you will build a deep understanding of our approach to delivering both humanitarian and developmental programmes for children. You will work as part of our Transformation Department, specifically with Business Analysis and Change Management functions. This will be a great platform to build a career in the sector, either within operations or transformation.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Understanding of NGO context and core concepts of programmatic delivery
- Ability to demonstrate practical know-how of project management in developmental or humanitarian contexts at operational level
- Appreciation and natural curiosity for technology. How technology solutions support business processes, how they unlock value and can be a key driver of innovation and transformation
- Understanding of systems development and support including requirements, testing, release management, incident management, request fulfilment and change management processes
- Understanding of the importance of data, concepts of data mastership and how this relates to systems architecture and integrations
- Excellent skills in developing manuals, guidance and tools that are accessible and user-friendly.
- Knowledge of the design and delivery of face to face and online trainings
- Passion for driving uptake of technology solutions to ensure return on investment and unlock of value for organisations
- Excellent project management and prioritisation skills; strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching; ability to work across different cultures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to explain complex issues to a wide range of audience.
- Ability to manage a complex and varied workload; to work effectively under pressure; and to organise and prioritise work to ensure departmental deadlines are met.
- An energetic, flexible and proactive approach with the ability to work both independently and cooperatively within a team setting and across teams
- Solid skills in Microsoft applications. Experience managing content on intranet type systems a plus.
- Ability to challenge and negotiate assertively and cooperatively with senior staff.
- Demonstrable commitment to equal opportunities and awareness of what constitutes good practice.
Looking to sharpen your Data Analysis skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started.