Building one-to-one partnerships between best-in-class remote Executive Assistants and high-achieving professionals.
As part of the platform team, the Platform Engineer will be providing services for Athena employees as well as other Technology teams. The platform team is responsible for ensuring Athena’s engineering tools and infrastructure can scale in line with company growth (~10,000 clients and over 10,000 employees by 2030).
We are building a global team with a remote-first culture, so being able to work independently and collaborate effectively is a must.
- Build Architect, build, maintain, and manage the digital platforms that power Athena.
- Support: Support other engineers in your team as well as employees throughout the business with their digital needs.
- Secure: Ensure the security, privacy, and reliability of our platform.
We are looking for a passionate Engineer to help us build a robust and scalable platform for the rest of the company. This is an important role within the organisation, with lots of growth potential and opportunities to be involved in the strategic direction of the company.
- Architect, build, maintain and manage our core infrastructure and digital services as we scale
- Write high-quality, testable, maintainable code
- Ensure the reliability of our platform in line with an SLA
- Share knowledge and collaborate with other engineers
- Security resilience; including identifying and mitigating security & privacy risks
These are the metrics you will own and optimize:
- Security incident count
- Team satisfaction with digital services
- Delivery against roadmap dates
To be successful, the Platform Engineer will need a combination of skills and abilities. You should have experience building software and shipping it to customers. You’ve also probably got a project you love to talk about. The following experience and skills will be important for success in this role:
- 2+ years working in a similar role and/or a degree in a computer-related field
- Database system design fundamentals
- Experience building digital technologies at scale
- An understanding of Git, automation, and CI/CD
- A good understanding of security and privacy
- Ideally experience with no-code / low-code tools such as Zapier and Bubble
- A continuous improvement mindset
- Great problem-solving and collaboration skills
- Ambitious, quick to learn, and takes ownership
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started