Leading all-in-one vacation rental software to automate your business and generate more direct bookings
⭐ About the role
We want to increase our business observability capabilities by ensuring that each business domain within the platform counts with accurate metrics, that depict the health of the domain at hand, and precise alerting to quickly identify when something deviates from the norm. We are on the lookout for a platform engineer to help us build the foundations towards effective business observability and enable the rest of the squads to iterate and fully harness this new capability, to ensure the right levels of quality in the platform.
At Lodgify, quality comes first. We constantly challenge ourselves to find innovative ways to ensure a delightful experience for our users. Quantifying and monitoring the relevant characteristics of all the business domains that comprise the platform is crucial to ensure we can provide the best experience for our customers.
🧞♂️ What you will be doing
The Platform Engineer freelance role has the following responsibilities:
- Participate in discovery workshops aimed to identify business critical metrics
- Provide your expertise during the discovery phase to ensure the outcome is detailed enough to articulate the development needed to meet the goals
- Connect with tech leads and leverage their business/technical domain knowledge to ensure we are gathering the metrics in an accurate way
- Introduce code in different applications to gather the relevant business metrics
- Identify areas of improvement in the codebase to increase the accuracy of the business metrics
- Build meaningful dashboards that help the squads understand how the key characteristics of their business domains behave
- Provide relevant alerts on top of the gathered business metrics, to notify the squads when a key aspect of their domain is not performing as expected
- Ensure that all the business observability code, artefacts and knowledge stays with the squad, to empower them to iterate on them to meet quality and reliability targets
- Work as an enabler to introduce this new capability in other squads
- Document the relevant aspects of business observability implementation at Lodgify
- Run workshops to spread knowledge about the advantages of business observability and the proper implementation to empower squads to assimilate this new capability and get the most out of it
- Support squads in their business observability implementations and further iterations
- Be a point of contact to support business observability implementation in the different business domains of the platform.
The Platform Engineer freelance role has the following requirements:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in BE development in total
- Minimum 1 year of experience with C# & .Net Core
- HTTP, REST and .NET Web API
- Good grip on SOLID principles
- Good knowledge of Domain-Driven Design
- SQL and Entity Framework
- Good analysis skills to understand existing code
- Good level of spoken and written English.
Good to have:
- Unit testing experience
- Experience working in a microservices environment
- Business observability experience
- Worked with Prometheus and Grafana to extract, visualize metrics and alert on deviations.
⚡ Who we are
Lodgify is a fast-growing startup focused on building vacation rental software that enables property owners and managers to manage and market their businesses online independently. We are an international team of more than 290 people and 50 different nationalities in the heart of Barcelona, and we’ve been featured twice in Wired’s 100 Hottest European Startups list.