Providing tools for African businesses to increase sales, find new customers, build relationships and credibility while increasing their visibility
The candidate for the Platform Engineer role should demonstrate the following skills :
- Maintain Ajua’s platform uptime, performance, stability and scalability
- Design, guide, mentor and challenge system architecture and design with others
- Develop, maintain, and scale a world-class public API
- Develop the best possible, most robust, and extensible solutions from feature requests
- Experience working with data processing technology (Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, etc)
- Experience working with Data Scientists to develop rich value-added features
- Experience working with DBA to create ETL and Data Warehouse system
- Experience working with Operations to automate solutions and increase service reliability
- Experience working with Machine Learning and using large-scale data repositories for business intelligence; App development is a plus.
- Closely monitor all platform-related production systems
- Periodically perform On-Call duty
- Analyze requirements thoroughly; Advise and develop solutions that solve the true customers’ pain
- Perform testing and unit testing for delivering quality work
- Acquire technical skills and knowledge continuously and aggressively, and help the team to develop the same
- Properly document development work completed
Basic Requirements for the Platform Engineer role:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
- 3+ years of relevant, broad engineering experience
- Solid data structures and algorithms foundation
- Advanced-level understanding of at least one JVM language preferably Java
- Advanced understanding of Spring Framework, Spring Boot and Spring Cloud
- Have an understanding of applicable unit and integration testing and testing frameworks
- Have an understanding of Relational and Non-relational databases
- An understanding of big data stack, e.g. Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, etc
- Experience architecting, developing and deploying distributed systems
- Working knowledge of Linux and networking
- Working knowledge of containerization and orchestration technologies preferably Docker and Kubernetes
- Working knowledge of the AWS Cloud computing platform
- Open Source project contributions are a plus
- Building impactful products at Ajua that shape businesses and consumers in Africa and the world at large
- Great and fun work environment; you get an opportunity to work with brilliant minds at Ajua
- Competitive salary.
- Growth stage startup grind! Working in a dynamic startup environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
Ajua is The Integrated Customer Experience Solution for Businesses in Africa.
We exist to bridge the gap between businesses and their customers. Ajua’s technology integrates with businesses at the points that matter most to their customers to measure and optimize their Customer Experience. Our plug-and-play platform has enabled leading brands of various sizes and industries on the continent to create actionable strategies that drive business growth.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started