Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you’ll be part of
The pandemic has highlighted how important telecoms networks are to society. Nokia’s Network Infrastructure group is at the heart of a revolution to bring more and faster network capacity to people worldwide through our ambition, innovation, and technical expertise.
Internal: optics RBC, Sales organization
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB:
(Why does this Optical Networks Consultant job exist?)
- Manages and creates optics Portfolio solutions for customers in CEWA (Central East Western Africa)
- Trusted technical solutions advisor for the account in those countries.
- Support customer designs/solutions,
- RFP network design
- Provides design guidelines for optimal usage of the solutions and associated platforms in customers networks.
- Manages and creates optical network portfolio solutions
- Trusted technical solutions advisor for the accounts
- Influences customer designs/solutions and RFP design support
- Provides design guidelines for optimal usage of the solutions
- Provides roadmap updates
- Deep technical optical network/Solution knowledge
- Manages customer requirements towards the ION RBC
- Provides/Collects competitive updates/information
- Manages new product introduction
- Product RFP owner for optics
- Positions/pro-actively pushes products
- Continuously seek for new applications that can be addressed with the product and/or solution
- Provides Power Point solution presentations
- Advice on customers architectures/network evolutions
- Requests for support material maybe required in short timescales enforced by the customer so time management skills are vital
- The Optical Networks Consultant job requires a very good view of customers’ network architectures and practices and therefore must understand a customer operational processes and confidentiality concerns
- Because the role is an integral part of the EMEA ION RBC, the ability to work as part of a distributed team is critical.
- A flexible approach to work, especially when communicating with other Alcatel-Lucent groups, is essential, as is the ability to thrive under pressure and prioritize tasks.
- Detailed understanding of optical network technologies
- Proven record in customer focus· Analytical problem solver
- Proven presentation skills
- Detailed knowledge of optics portfolio
- Must be experienced in Alcatel Lucent 1830pss and Alcatel Lucent 1850TSS
- Understanding of real customer networks
- Experience in designing optical networks
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.