Connecting a world where technology innovation is a positive and exciting force for good. Join the conversation! #ImaginePossible
About this opportunity
We are now looking for an OpenStack Cloud Support Engineer that will provide technical service and support to our customers.
In this role, you will troubleshoot and resolve problems to stabilize and optimize customer networks. You will configure and integrate different nodes and solutions in new and live customer networks.
The Support Expert typically interacts with customer technical staff, operation managers, service engineers and other groups within the Service Delivery organization. You may also interact with groups in sales, R&D, 3rd party suppliers and local authorities.
As there are no distinct borders between the areas, you will need to be flexible and master more than one area. You are encouraged to travel internationally and work in different cultural environments. The technical development is rapid, and you are responsible for continuously keeping your competence and skills up to date.
Working as a Support Expert will require a broad knowledge of telecom and Datacom, covering both hardware, software, and network knowledge. You will work, collaborate, and communicate in an international environment, both with colleagues internally as well as with customers and suppliers to Ericsson.
The role more than often requires you to take on big responsibility and it is important that you can work independently.
What you will do
- Customer Service Request handling
- Provide preemptive solutions to stabilize and optimize customer network
- Perform remote and on-site troubleshooting in a customer network
- Handling of dedicated support
- Provide regular progress updates in the support system for each assigned support issue.
- Software Update Management (SUM) handling
You will bring
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or above in Telecommunication, Computer Science, Computer Networking etc.
- Min years of experience: 6-7 years experience in telecom or IT company
- Demonstrated ability in some or all: Virtualization, Cloud technologies (e.g., OpenStack), Linux OS knowledge, DB knowledge, TCP/IP networking concepts and packet analysis, and HDS/infrastructure competence.
- Red Hat OpenStack Knowledge is a plus
- Deep Knowledge of Linux including extensive Hands-on Administration to ensure customer satisfaction with the performance of installed systems by successfully handling and reporting all technical problems.
- Software Defined Networking (SDN) is a plus
- Experience in Cloud Operation based on OpenStack and SDN is a plus
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started