Kenya Revenue Authority
KRA is the principal government revenue collection agency.
The Officer – Service Support is responsible for carrying out 2nd Line service support activities mainly supporting hardware, software and computer systems.
- Attend to service requests and incidents assigned to them within defined SLA.
- Troubleshooting system and network problems diagnosing and solving both hardware and software faults.
- Configuring, deploying, troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining end user equipment and accessories.
- Setup and supports audio /visual equipment for presentations and other meetings
- Setup and support of virtual meeting solutions, Webex, Zoom, Teams etc.
- Establishes good working relationship with customers by keeping them updated on the progress made concerning their requests and in case of any escalations.
- Installation & configuration of computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Maintaining and monitoring of computer networks and systems.
- Logging the queries of end users in the incident management tool.
- Capturing resolution details into the knowledge base system
- Testing and evaluating new technology.
- Replace computer parts as required
- Ensure conformity to ISO (9001/2015 and 27001/2013) and data security requirements.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT or a related field
The following certifications for the Officer – Service Support will be an added advantage:
- CompTIA A+, CompTIA N+
- IT Governance i.e. ITIL
Relevant Work Experience/Technical Skills Required
- Minimum 1 year working experience in a busy IT environment
- Working knowledge in supporting desktops software, hardware installations, configuration and support skills
- Working experience in installation, configuration ad trouble shooting windows environment
- Working knowledge of printer configuration setup and troubleshooting
- Hands on experience in setting up and troubleshooting Local Area Networks
- Good working knowledge of office productivity tools
- Excellent listening and questioning skills combined with the ability to interact confidently with users to establish what the problem is and explain solution.
- Ability to be Team player
- Problem solving skills
- Customer focus
- Ability to prioritize workload
Looking to sharpen your Project Management skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started.