At Nokia, we create technology that helps the world act together.
The team you’ll be part of
Our Business Group is a leader in wireless mobile networks and associated services. As Nokia’s growth engine, we create value for communication service providers and enterprise customers by leading the transition to cloud-native software and as-a-service delivery models. We are hiring an NPO Engineer to assist in creating this value. Our inclusive team of dreamers, doers and disruptors push the limits from impossible to possible.
What you will learn and contribute to
Are you passionate about solving problems?
As the NPO Engineer and part of our team, you will:
- Be optimizing the network towards achieving and maintaining performance above targets in Quality metrics set out on the SLAs.
- Be an important contributor to the development of the overall goals and objectives of the company
- Be dedicated to one specific customer and/or Technology.
- Be able to do E2E scopes, like driving a project from beginning to end (from Design, implementation, acceptance, ongoing optimization to maintenance contracts).
- Participate and drive Nokia Radio’s ongoing activities.
- Be part of a senior NPO team with experience in Radio NPO activities, where Competence Transfer and team building are the foundations of the team.
- Be part of a growing team with great career opportunities.
- Have great autonomy to manage your time, work from home and develop yourself in the area that motivates you.
Your skills and experience
As the NPO Engineer, you should have:
- Fine-tune Radio Parameters for Network Quality Improvement to meet customer-set KPI targets
- Plan Radio Network Parameters for new sites
- Prepare and analyze Radio Network Performance Indicators and Counters Reports
- Carry out Technical Site Surveys for various Projects including new sites and expansion sites
- Carry out Physical Site Optimization
- Carry out Drive Test Activities whenever needed
- Coordinate various projects from the Radio Network point of view
- Perform Site Acceptance for new integrations including new sites and expansion sites
- Supervise Drive Test projects by third parties
- Preparation and maintenance of Radio Network Site Database.
- Carry out any other activities required by the immediate supervisor
- Radio Network Optimization on 2G, 3G and 4G
- Multivendor (Ericsson and Nokia at least) expertise in 2G, 3G and 4G Optimization tools
- Drive Test with R&S, NEMO, and TEMS
- Drive Test Post processing with TEMS, Gladiator and Actix/Analyzer
- Excellent knowledge of the company’s objectives and strategies
- High-level knowledge applies technical expertise and has full knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Exhibits a good level of creativity and resourcefulness
- Business awareness
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Excellent planning skills
- High personal standards and goal-oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent and effective communications skills, both orally and in writing
- Engineering Graduate with min 7 years of relevant experience in radio network design and optimization.
- Analysis of end-to-end call traces of LTE/VoLTE/2G/3G
- Knowledge of RF design fundamentals, RF propagation behaviour and Model Tuning
- Solid understanding of Network Optimization and Network Performance principles
- Familiarity with OSS tools, reporting solutions, counters & parameters and Feature implementation
- Analysis of RAN KPIs, investigation and improvement of network quality problems
- Implementation of new RAN features, and tuning of RAN database parameters
- Experience with Eden Net SON (Optimizer).
- To develop various guidelines, process documents & XML/Data build creation on a need basis
- Good understanding of Handover, Power Control, MIMO, Link Adaptation, Paging, Admission Control, Scheduler, Idle & Connected mode procedures etc & corresponding call flows wherever applicable.
- Knowledge and experience in working on Smart Antenna Schemes such as MIMO, Beamforming etc
- Knowledge and experience of working in a Remote Radio Head environment are advantageous.
- Experience in customer management and care to maximise customer satisfaction
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and coordinate resources to achieve desired goals.
- Must be willing to work in different time zones and open to travel.
It would be nice if you also had:
- 5G competencies, knowledge
- Team management oriented
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started