Andela is the global talent marketplace connecting leading organizations with highly skilled technologists in emerging markets.
Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations around the world.
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long-term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business innovation and growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and doing it in an E.P.I.C. [andela.com/careers] way.
We are excited to continue building our remote-first team with incredible people like you
About the role
We are looking for an experienced NodeJS Backend Software Engineer – Systems Design to join the core platform team. Our ecosystem consists of several client-facing applications with different profiles, all of them connected through a lightly coupled set of services (that we call the core platform), that abstracts the integration with external tools.
The complexity of the business model together with the data handling in big volumes requires high standards of transparency, traceability, scalability and robustness. For that reason, our architecture is based on Domain Driven Design over an Event Sourcing communication pattern. At the same time industry’s highest standard, best practice, innovative and challenging.
This job offer is oriented to a skilled and curious systems designer, willing to take a step and build over the newest architectural patterns. We’ll expect you to be open to learning and contribute to a growing platform, with a long-term perspective. You should be familiar with complex algorithms, data structures, design patterns and systems design in general. Our main tech stack is nodeJS with TypeScript, express and GCP services (SQL and no-SQL, queues, message broker, docker/K8s). Well-qualified applicants will possess strong communication, organizational and time-management skills.
NodeJS Backend Software Engineer – Systems Design – Responsibilities:
- Confidently ship features and improvements with different levels of complexity.
- Develop features and improvements to Andela products in a secure, well-tested, and performant way.
- Deep understanding of the development patterns and standards implemented, ability to explain and extend.
- Collaborate with Engineering Managers, Backend/Frontend Engineers, Machine Learning Engineers, DevOps professionals, Product Managers, and Designers, to solve common goals and maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- Conduct Code Review within our Code Review Guidelines and ensure your colleagues’ contributions receive a swift response.
- Solve technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Recognize impediments to our efficiency as a team (“technical debt”), propose and implement solutions
- Translate requirements into Conceptual Designs and Technical Designs
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with NodeJs and Typescript.
- Experience with database modelling (ERD/ERM) and migrations
- Significant experience with API Creation & modelling
- Experience with DDD solutions
- Experience with Event Oriented architecture
- Knowledgeable about Software Design Principles, e.g.: Abstraction, Encapsulation, Decomposition, Generalization, Coupling and Cohesion, Separation of Concerns
- Understanding of scaling applications to handle high-data traffic
- Clean Code / Clean Architecture experience; Design patterns understanding and correct application, e.g.: Singleton, Factory, Adapter, Strategy etc
- Fully Remote work culture – we hire globally and all of our roles are fully remote!
- Bring your own device stipend – buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work-from-home stipends
- Flexible working hours
- Equity (as a part of the compensation package)
- Healthcare, 401k / pension (the US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- Growth & development paths
- Generous Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, Compassionate Leave
- And more to come! We’re on a journey to reimagine global benefits at Andela
Looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started