One Acre Fund
Working to make #smallholder farmers more prosperous. #FarmersFirst.
About the Role
We are looking for a professional with 3+ years of work experience to join the IT Networks in Kenya. The Networks Administrator will provide Networks services to the Infrastructure team in Kenya. You will maintain the networks and systems that keep our organization running. From maintaining Network security to supervising network updates you will not only support Country ITO but also the thread that connects all operations. Deep technological expertise with multiple computer systems, hardware, and software is essential for this role and helps improve our organization forward. You will directly report to the Networks Lead.
- Monitor computer networks for signs of trouble such as slow performance or security breaches.
- Maintain and troubleshoot our computer network system to ensure performance.
- Help build computer networks and systems.
- Install new software and update existing software applications on workstations, servers, or network devices.
- Provide technical support to help users troubleshoot problems with their computer systems.
- Coordinate network upgrades, including installing new hardware or software components.
- Create documentation to help other ITO staff members understand how to use new technologies.
- Design and implement network security measures to protect data from unauthorized access.
- Collaborate with other departments to determine their Network needs.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Previous working experience as a Networks Administrator for 3years
- BSc degree in Computer Science or a similar relevant field.
- Certification in CCNA, CCNP and ITIL Foundation is desirable.
- In-depth knowledge of WAN, LAN, TCP/IP, Firewalls, Routers, Switches and troubleshooting these devices
- Hands-on experience with PC/server hardware, PBX devices and other peripherals.
- Experience in Network monitoring such as Zabbix and PRTG.
- Familiarity with access control models and network security.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started