National Housing Corporation
Our Client, National Housing Corporation (NHC) is a statutory body established by an Act of Parliament Cap. 117 whose mandate is to implement the Government’s Housing Policies and Programmes. NHC is seeking to recruit results-driven and highly motivated individuals to fill the following exciting and challenging positions of Network Security Administrator.
The ICT Unit is mandated to undertake the following functions: ICT policy and strategy development and implementation, provision of hardware and software support, automation of core services, maintain server functions for email, internet, databases, file storage and administration; data management services; and website design and development.
Reporting to the ICT Manager and is responsible for the identification of network security requirements for all ICT systems in the Corporation and providing support to end-users. The successful jobholder will:
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide guidance to the Corporation for the creation and implementation of a corporate-wide network security program; including measures to protect data, software, and hardware and ensure that periodic security risk assessments are conducted;
- Monitor activities in coordination with the Corporation’s other compliance and audit functions;
- Coordination of the day-to-day administration of the network using installed benchmark standards and act as custodian of all network maps and documentation of all sites;
- Recommend and authenticate all changes to be done on the network as well as testing and approval of installed network components and ensure full and secure functionality;
- Develop and implement an ICT security policy ensuring that the Corporation complies with relevant laws, regulations, and ICT global professional standards;
- Ensure that the corporation adheres to, promotes copyright law application and does not violate same through the use of illegitimate software;
- Initiate, facilitate and promote activities to create information security awareness within the Corporation and undertake the training of employees and ICT team on ICT security; and
- Coordinate installation, monitoring, and maintenance of all servers and all internal and external backup systems
Job Specifications – Network Security Administrator
- Be a holder of a Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science or related field from a recognized University;
- Be a holder of a Network Certification (MCSE/CISCO) from a recognized professional body;
- Hold valid membership to the Computer Society of Kenya;
- Be registered with the ICT Authority as an ICT professional;
- Have a minimum of three (3) years successive working experience in design, specification, installation, administration, and support of Local/Wireless and Wide area computer networks;
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and understanding of network installation, maintenance as well as network security and access control; and
- Candidates with CISA or CISM training will have an added advantage
- Knowledge of computerized systems relevant to the position.
- A highly analytical individual with the ability to gather, analyze and evaluate facts and with the ability to prepare and present concise oral and written reports;
- Demonstrate excellent managerial and leadership skills and an effective communicator;
- Personal integrity with good work ethics and knowledge of principles of good corporate governance;
- Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
Candidates will be required to satisfy the following additional requirements:
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau; and
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
Remuneration & Employment Terms
Grade 09 – Gross: Ksh. 114,774 – 159,889 Per monthGrade month
All positions will be on a three (3) year renewable contract.
Successful candidates will be subject to performance contracting.
If you are looking to specifically acquire the certifications needed for a job like this, click here for information on how to get started.
Are you or do you know a female developer? Huawei has launched a program to empower female developers. Click here to find out how you can be part of the program.
If you would like to begin your journey towards becoming an experienced coder, click here to learn more