Nation Media Group
The largest media firm in East and Central Africa with outlets in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, and Rwanda.
Nation Media Group, the leading Multi-Media house in East and Central Africa is searching for a suitably qualified candidate for the position of Network Engineer in the Group’s IT Department. We invite candidates who are innovative, performance driven and possess excellent transferrable skills with a good track record of achievement in past roles.
The Network Engineer will work with a team of Network Administrators and Engineers to provide first and second-level technical support services and will report to the IT Manager.
The successful applicant should have experience in the following areas: –
- Supporting, Configuration, and Administration of Cisco Core and Edge Switches & Routers, WAN, LANs, VoIP, IPT and PABX in a large Enterprise network;
- Electrical Power Systems, UPS, Generators and Air Conditioning Systems;
- Providing 1st level support in the above areas.
- Implementing projects in the above areas.
- Working with 3rd party infrastructure service providers and vendors;
- Administration and configuration of internet routing protocols i.e. BGP, EIGRP among other
Knowledge & Skills requirements:
- University Degree in Information Technology/Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- 3 – 4 years of working experience
- Proof of CCNE Certification
- Proof of CCNP Certification
- Experience at Service Desk will be an added advantage
- Strong interpersonal customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Ability to work during odd hours
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started