NTT Data Services
NTT DATA Services' consultative approach and deep industry expertise delivers practical and scalable IT solutions to accelerate your digital journey.
The Network Engineer role would entail operating the company’s internal data communications systems.
Plans, designs, and implements local and wide-area network solutions between multiple platforms and protocols (including IP and VOIP). Supports/troubleshoots network issues and coordinates with vendors for installation of such items as routers and switches. Works on project implementation.
Provides training and assists with proposal writing. Conducts project planning, cost analysis, and vendor comparisons.
Working at NTT
NOTE: This is a CONTRACT role for an initial period of 8 months.
The role of Network Engineer is responsible for building and maintaining the day-to-day operation of the organisation’s computer network.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
The Network Engineer role has the following responsibilities:
- Performs basic problem determination and logs the cases with the Dimension Data Help Desk as the first point of contact.
- Collects relevant technical information.
- Attempt to resolve network and security-related problems by following the guidance provided.
- Filter non-technical problems from technical problems with the help of Dimension Data
- Resolve known problems through product documentation or other local resources.
- Report unknown or technical problems on the ticketing system at the customer portal
- Resolve network-related problems.
- Troubleshooting of reported problems that are within the scope of the Network and Security Infrastructure.
- Resolving configuration problems.
- Resolution of software problems (OEM back-to-back required for escalation)
- Determination of product specification defects
- Generating workarounds for hardware and software bugs where applicable
Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes:
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewalls, routers, switches, controllers
- Knowledge of application and network infrastructure protocols
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
Academic Qualifications and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field of study with a network engineering focus.
- Relevant certifications, e.g. Cisco, Fortinet, equivalent CCNP (Cisco), ITIL
- Experience in supporting critical network and security infrastructure which includes Cisco Catalyst and Nexus Switches, Cisco and Fortinet firewalls.
- Experience in configuration and troubleshooting routing protocols such as OSPF, BGP, Eigrp and IS-IS
NTT is a leading global IT solutions and services organisation that brings together people, data and things to create a better and more sustainable future.
In today’s ‘iNTTerconnected’ world, connections matter more now than ever. By bringing together talented people, world-class technology partners and emerging innovators, we help our clients solve some of the world’s most significant technological, business and societal challenges.
With people at the heart of our success, NTT is committed to attracting and growing the best talent and providing an environment where everyone feels they can belong and their contribution matters.
Want to be a part of our team?
Dimension Data is a proud member of the NTT Group, a global IT powerhouse headquartered in Japan. As part of NTT, we deliver a wide range of IT services and solutions to clients around the world. Although the Dimension Data brand was retired in some parts of the world in 2019, it remains well-recognized in the Middle East and Africa. Join us and become part of the NTT family as we continue to provide innovative solutions that help our clients achieve their business objectives.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started