Driven by Purpose, Fueled By Opportunity
Job Summary For Network Engineer
The Network and Systems Administration will be part of a global team responsible for delivering LAN/WAN network services in a 24×7, mission-critical environment. The Network and Systems Administration’s primary duties will include the maintenance of computer networks, hardware, software, and other related systems. He/She may be asked to perform disaster recovery operations, protect data, upgrade software and hardware equipment, or replace faulty network hardware components when necessary.
- Base understanding of the following technologies (hardware and ancillary tasks):
- Firewalls & Routers (Cisco/Palo Alto): VPN, IPSec tunnels, ACLs, BGP, OSPF, LAN/WAN, MPLS
- Switching (Cisco): Catalyst, port configurations, STP, LACP, LAGP
- Wireless: Aerohive, Extreme Networks
- Network Monitoring Tools: Solarwinds or similar tool
- Microsoft: Azure AD, DNS, DHCP, Office 365 Suite
- VMware, VSphere, VDI,
- Cloud: Azure and AWS networking
- Load Balancers: Netscaler, ADC, VPX
- Other: OpenDNS, SD-WAN, Hybrid Environment
- Establish networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards
- Maximize network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with the infrastructure team on network impacts on the environment
- Report network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; and managing projects
- Analyze network problems, perform troubleshooting and incident response on the system and communicate with the appropriate personnel, track problems through to resolution
- Follow IT change control best practices for predictable results
- Continuously update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional organizations
- Experience supporting a data centre environment
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years experience, or at least 5 years experience that is directly related to the job responsibilities
- Certifications are a plus, but not required (CCNA, Network+, etc.)
- Ability to demonstrate troubleshooting skills, think analytically while working in a fast-paced environment and the flexibility to work with a wide range of technologies.
- Must be able to multitask and juggle multiple priorities while ensuring the successful completion of all items.
- Forward thinker who designs for not only current business needs but, plans for scalability and longer-term solutions.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started