The Next Era of AI Development
Network Administrator – Sama – About the Job:
We are looking for a Network Administrator – Sama to maintain a reliable, secure, and efficient data communications network. The ideal candidate will be able to deploy, configure, maintain and monitor all active network equipment in order to ensure smooth network operation.
In this role, you should have excellent problem-solving skills and thorough knowledge of network administration and architecture. If you’re also passionate about security and data protection, we’d like to meet you!
- Implementing new solutions and improving the resilience of the current network environment.
- Maximizing network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with Network Administrators on network optimization.
- Undertaking data network fault investigations in local and wide-area environments using information from multiple sources.
- Securing network systems across Sama offices by establishing and enforcing policies, and defining and monitoring access.
- Supporting and administering firewall environments for all Sama offices in line with IT security policies.
- Reporting network operational status to the management and other stakeholders by gathering and prioritizing information.
- Participate in network-related audits and remediation efforts.
- Implement, supervise and test the organization’s Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Upgrade data network equipment to the latest stable firmware releases.
- Liaise with project teams and service desk engineers on a regular basis Resolve infrastructure requests escalated from the service desk.
Network Administrator – Sama – Requirements:
- BSc. Degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject.
- 3+ years experience in an IT Network Administration position
- Professional certifications in CCNA, CCNP, or related field
- Proven experience with Network Monitoring tools
- A solid understanding of Internet-based technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, Security, HTTP/HTTPS)
- Competent in implementation of network security with NG firewalls such as Cisco ASA, Fortigate, Sophos
- Working knowledge of public cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP) will be desirable
Good to Have:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Great attention to detail and feedback skills.
- Great communication skills.
- Reporting and analysis skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent team player.
Sama is quite unique. We are a technology company with a social mission. People that thrive in a high-growth environment, love working on the bleeding edge of technology, and really care about having a positive impact on the world are a great fit for the Sama culture. Our core values are One Team, One Goal – Deliver. Period. – Trust & Transparency – Customer First – Humanity.
Sama offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience and a full benefits package, including: medical, dental, and vision insurance, long-term disability insurance, life, and AD&D insurance, employer-matching Group RRSP, generous holiday and vacation policies, sabbaticals, a monthly fitness stipend, and professional development opportunities.
At Sama, we pride ourselves in being a diverse and equal opportunity employer.
Would you like to learn more about Project Management, CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started