Accelerate your career with the world's leading 100% #remotework recruitment platform.
About the job
Crossover is the world’s #1 source of full-time remote jobs. Our clients offer top-tier pay for top-tier talent. We’re recruiting this role for our client, gt.school. Have you got what it takes? gt.school is pioneering the delivery of 100% computer-based education to K-12 students through the use of generative AI! We are looking for a Mobile Engineer – gt.school to help us build a learning app that’s as easy to use as TikTok and knows what the student knows and doesn’t know when it comes to serving learning content, as well as TikTok knows what its users like or don’t like when it comes to serving videos. Join us in what is likely the next revolution in education – a school where kids learn on their own, at their own pace, using adaptive learning apps, without having to be in a physical classroom that’s going either too fast or too slow for them.
What You Will Be Doing
- Architect and implement features as per detailed product specs and high-fidelity designs
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Fussing over UI/UX design details; these are handled by a dedicated design team.
- Endlessly debating functional requirements or feature priorities; these are well defined, in small increments
Mobile Engineer – gt.school Key Responsibilities
- Delivering clean, well-designed code in small functional increments.
- Making key implementation decisions, and describing your rationale.
- Contributing to continuous process improvement
- Detecting and correcting creeping technical debt
- Minimum 5 years of experience developing mobile applications
- Minimum 2 years in a leadership role, making technical design decisions for mobile applications
- Experience with the following cross-platform app development frameworks: React Native.
gt.school is a stealth EdTech startup in Austin, Texas, the centre of educational innovation in the US. Our unique approach leverages 50+ years of learning science, cutting-edge data analytics and high-performance life skills coaching. In doing so, we can help students learn 5x faster and unlock their full potential in both academics and in life. We are a remote-first company that hires globally via Crossover. There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!
Working with Crossover
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), long-term position. The position is immediately available and requires entering into an independent contractor agreement with Crossover. The compensation level for this role is $50 USD/hour, which equates to $100,000 USD/year assuming 40 hours per week and 50 weeks per year. The payment period is weekly. Consult www.crossover.com/help-and-faqs for more details on this topic.
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, Mark it as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send it to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form – by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting https://www.crossover.com/auth/password-recovery if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-4581-KE-Nairobi-MobileEngineer.001
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started