Drive Excellence in Technology Innovation in Africa.
The Mid-level Quality Assurance Engineer will implement the testing strategy, write test plans, and test scripts for various test phases (System Integration, Performance, Scalability, UAT, Production Readiness, and Implement the testing strategy.
Specifically, the Mid-Level Quality Assurance Engineer will design, write, and manage test cases, test scripts and execution backlog for all test phases. interaction and collaboration with QA testers, as well as development engineering and product management for specific products and product lines, are required to succeed in this role.
- Ensure all solutions delivered to meet the highest quality standards by leading test activities: Test Planning, Test analysis and design, test execution, test reporting, Test exit criteria evaluation and test closure activities.
- Participate in test entry readiness reviews and test exit reviews to ensure test acceptance criteria compliance.
- Evaluate and tests new or modified software programs and software development procedures used to verify that programs function according to user requirements and conform to established guidelines.
- Design and develop tools for test management, execution and reporting to enhance the overall software testing process.
- Write, revise, and verify quality standards and test procedures for program design, product evaluation and quality assurance.
- Adapts to new Testing tools and application lifecycle management software that the bank implements.
- Monitor changes to scope during the development cycle and re-evaluate plans and resources accordingly.
- Participate in developing, documenting, and implementing applicable test processes and procedures to provide more effective quality methods within the group in support of providing quality products.
- Involved in the planning, monitoring, and control of the testing activities and tasks.
- Participate in the project planning phase to estimate expected efforts related to test activities.
- Create comprehensive test plans and schedules that are constantly updated throughout the development process.
- Liaise with the Test Environment Specialist to ensure key infrastructure (environments, interfaces & access) is set up to enable all required testing activities.
- Build test scripts from various sources including functional specifications, technical specifications and sessions with developers and designers.
- Create, maintain and manage test-related documentation and templates.
- Manage the UAT process by supporting businesses and vendors to establish key scenarios to test their business processes.
- Manage expectations of when testing activities will be completed while mitigating risks to key milestones.
- Monitor defects raised by the team and challenge their prioritization supporting the resolution.
- Provide the project stakeholders with accurate and precise time estimation for assigned tasks, along with confidence levels and foreseeable dependencies.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the role and should not be construed as a detailed description of ALL the work requirements that may be performed in the role.
- BSc in Computer Science, Information Technology, related field or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of solid experience with software testing, in creating end-to-end test scenarios across multiple systems.
- Experience testing APIs and Web services.
- Experience creating testing data to support required testing activities.
- Experience in metadata management and data integrity skills.
- Experience using Quality Center or similar tools.
- Experience with test automation tools e.g., Selenium, Postman, SoapUI, etc.
- 3+ years preferable experience working with Cloud applications.
- Expertise in quality assurance practices and software testing tools.
- Knowledge of full system development life cycles.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started