Drive Excellence in Technology Innovation in Africa.
The Mid-Level Backend Developer (Java) will be responsible for building scalable RESTFul APIs, the server-side application logic, and integration with both internal and external systems.
The Mid-Level Backend Developer (Java) will have the following responsibilities:
- Strategy, Planning & Execution
- Design, build and maintain efficient RESTFul APIs in Java/C#
- Build Reusable Code and Library for Future Use
- Design and Implementation of data storage solutions•Work with Frontend and Mobile App developers to define RESTFul API specs
- Work well with technical and non-technical people to deliver high-value results
- Participating in Sprint Planning and tracking work items
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of experience developing applications in Java or C#
- 3+ years of experience in ASP.NET Core or Spring Boot
- Experience with SOAP and REST services
- Good understanding of DevOps and CI/CD practices
- Familiarity with container technologies like Docker and K8s
- Experience with SQL Server, Oracle Database and MongoDB
- Experience with cloud technologies Azure/AWS
- Experience with OAuth and JWT Tokens
- Knowledge of API Management solutions
- Knowledge of MicroService Architecture
- Experience with gRPC
- Experience with Kafka
- Must be able and willing to collaborate in a team/cooperative environment as well as exercise independent judgment and initiative.
- Strong analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Is extremely logical, and detail-oriented with keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and meet multiple project deadlines.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.•Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Proven ability to quickly learn new applications, processes, and procedures.
- Structured thinker, and effective communicator with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.